Receptionist - Sittingbourne | Zoek UK | 05465c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Sittingbourne, Kent, England
Temporary (Full time)
Job title: Full time receptionist
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £
Full location: Avenue of Remembrance, Sittingbourne, ME10 4DD
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, am – pm
Job Spec: As attached.
Compliance: Basic DBS can be applied for once succesful
As part of the Skanska Facilities Services Team, provide a comprehensive and flexible reception service for the clients based at Swale Mash Orchards. This may include other KCC buildings in the West Kent area where Skanska provides Facilities Services and therefore some travel may be required on occasions.
* Be the first point of contact visitors to the building including professionals,
contractors, KCC clients and members of the public, putting them in contact with the
appropriate member of staff
* Operate a booking system for the Case Conference Suite, managing the calendars and ensure specific requirements for their use are implemented adhering to Health & Safety requirements including Risk Assessments as provided by KCC.
* Operate security systems (excluding CCTV), to ensure users are given appropriate access to the building and attending to visitors including Case Conferencing according to procedure
* Maintain the KCC staff parking records, issuing KCC staff parking permits and Fobs on and offsite with authorisation from KCC.
* Maintain the database for KCC staff parking spaces for the building and update with changes.
* Work flexibly with other staff within the team and provide cover when necessary for example in the post room and administrative and general tasks as requested, to ensure a continuous and effective provision of all Facilities Services
* Ensure that the reception area is clean and tidy at all times including the Case Conference rooms providing adequate supplies and replenishment of the required sundry items.
* Other reasonable activities requested by the Line Manager.
The post holder will provide Reception services in a busy public Reception area.
Normal hours of work are 12:45 hours until 17:30. The post holder must hold a valid driver’s licence and be prepared to travel to other offices for training and to provide cover when requested to.
A high level of people skills is necessary as the post holder will work with a number of colleagues, carrying out various roles within the team.
Positive behaviours and a strong commitment to customer service is essential with a willing and helpful approach.
* Business Administration NVQ level 3 or equivalent, or at least 1 year’s relevant experience in a busy reception and office environment.
Knowledge and Experience
* Excellent customer care and communication skills
* Friendly, empathetic and efficient manner
* Ability to work calmly under pressure
* Good organisational skills
* IT literacy skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Good telephone manner with clear speaking voice
* Able to work flexibly as part of a team
APPLY NOW FOR AN IMMEDIATE START