Non Executive Director - Reading - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 054d89
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Non Executive Director
Reading - This Area Only
Permanent (Part time)
Brighter Futures for Children is a not-for-profit company, owned by, but independent of, Reading Borough Council. Although we are independent we are very much part of the Reading Family. We work closely with partners in the local community and key organisations including Reading Borough Council, public health and voluntary groups. We are responsible for the delivery of children’s social care, early help & prevention, education services (including SEND). This also includes fostering and adoption, the Youth Offending Service and traded services with schools.
Our main aim is to protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading. We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy and successful lives.
We are looking for a Non Executive Director with senior level experience in the field of Education.
Non-Executive Directors are full and equal members of the Board of Directors jointly responsible for the overall governance and strategic leadership of the company and supporting the executive leadership to ensure the company meets its obligations and are required:
• To act as an ambassador for the company and ensuring effective control, accountability, financial viability and long term sustainability and high standards of conduct and probity are maintained.
• With the Board and Chair, oversee the development of the infrastructure for the company and approve the required policies and procedures.
• To support the company to be a model of good corporate governance
• To ensure that outcomes for vulnerable children are delivered through timely and effective statutory services being in place for children in need, children requiring protection and requiring protection, and high-quality services and support are in place for children in care and leaving care.
• To promote customer service as a core value and to ensure that policies and strategies reflect this.
• To develop strong and influential networks and partnerships that address the drive for innovation and development.
For more information click here ######