Lead Audience Analyst - London | Zoek UK | 0555ff
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lead Audience Analyst
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Job title: Lead Audience Analyst
Salary:£55,000 per annum
Hours:36 hours per week
Location:Millbank, London (with provision for blended working)
Reporting to:Head of Audience Insights
Responsible for: Data Analyst
Tate is a family of four public art galleries in London, Liverpool and Cornwall known as Tate Modern, Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool and Tate St Ives. At the heart of Tate is the nation’s collection of British art dating from the sixteenth century to the present day and of international modern and contemporary art. Our mission is to increase the public's enjoyment and understanding of the collection and why it is important to us all. Our vision is to serve as artistically adventurous and culturally inclusive art museums for the UK and the world. We deliver this mission and vision through: a wide range of activities in our four galleries; through our digital platforms; our wider relationships with schools and colleges, and our collaborations with our partners around the UK and the world.
About the role
Are you someone who enjoys working both with data intelligence and with people: would you be interested in playing a pivotal role in facilitating and encouraging evidence-based decision making in one of the world’s leading art galleries?
About your team
Audience Insights is a small team based within the Audience Division within Tate, where we work closely alongside teams such as membership, marketing and ticketing. We are very focused on understanding everything about our visitors and potential visitors. As a team, we are responsible for reporting, data analysis and audience research at Tate. We use a wealth of data sources to provide information, inspiration and provide strategic guidance across Tate from catering to curatorial, enabling Tate to fulfil on both its mission and vision.
What you will do
- Lead on optimizing business intelligence reporting across the organization - consulting with Heads of Departments and SMEs across sites and the organization to advise on reporting requirements and help put in place reporting structures, aligning reporting across departments. Responsible for overseeing reporting on the performance of the Tate Collective scheme, the Membership scheme and the performance of paid exhibitions ensuring clear, accurate and relevant business intelligence is available and communicated to all stakeholders
- Taking a specialist lead on targeted data challenges including, the improvement of data collection & capture, the storage and visualisation, reporting, dissemination and analysis.
- Working with other departments and divisions to drive forward a robust data strategy including driving an organisation-wide culture of collaboration and best practice around data governance and data management so ensuring a good quality data foundation for reporting and analysis
- Conduct ad hoc analysis on customer and transactional data providing insights to support Membership, Marketing and Trading in their decision making
- Provide analytical support to campaign managers (marketing, membership) in developing campaigns and refining communication postal activity in particular, for the purposes of reaching new audiences and retaining existing ones and so optimising revenue generation
- Playing a key role as a subject matter expert (SME) specifying Insights requirements for reporting and analytics as Tate preparation for the transfer over and implementation and integration to a new ticketing system
- Being a champion for good data practices including compliance with GDPR, data protection & records management practices
- Providing apprenticeship mentoring support to the Data Analyst re supporting their development in data analytics (studying Data Analyst Level 4 as an apprentice)
What you will bring to the team
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, being able to be an ambassador for Audience Insights at Tate, playing a key role alongside the Head of Insights in a high performing busy team, influencing colleagues at all levels, from diverse disciplines across the organization and making data insights accessible to all
- Extensive experience with driving business & management intelligence reporting across a medium sized organisation
- Extensive experience with driving forward data strategy and good data management practices and managing stakeholders to ensure good data foundations and practices at Tate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to unpack complex issues for non-technical audiences
- Experience in communicating complex data effectively through high-quality reports and presentations, engaging confidently to influence multiple stakeholders at all levels as well as working collaboratively across diverse and multi-skilled teams.
- Self-motivated and independent with the ability to lead and convene varied data expertise to drive forward solutions that address organizational issues.
- A proactive, collaborative, and innovative approach to problem solving as well as being a positive contributor in a team environment with a commitment to supporting an inclusive and respectful working culture.
- The ability to differentiate and prioritise issues as they arise and work effectively with other stakeholders to drive these to satisfactory resolution
- Highly organized with the ability to plan and prioritize work to deliver successful outcomes
- Clear, rigorous thinking with an ability to see the bigger picture, as well as having excellent attention to detail
- Demonstratable, relevant experience in a similar specialist analysis role .: responsibility for producing management information to influence senior decision making within a medium to large organization
- A track record of success in using customer data and analytics to support marketing campaigns and/or CRM capability in a marketing/customer facing environment
- Knowledge of data presentation, interpretation and visualisation using Power BI or other BI tools. Knowledge of DAX would be beneficial.
- Strong technical analytic skills including experience of data analytics, including Advanced skills in Structured Query Language (SQL 2016) for use with relational databases; Advanced excel skills for data analysis and presentation; Familiar level of skills with statistical programming languages such as Python or R, Extensive experience with relational data bases
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of GDPR /data protection legislation and best practice.
Tate for all
Diversity and Inclusion
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.
Our aim is to become a truly inclusive organisation with a workforce and audience as diverse as the communities we serve. This is fundamental to Tate’s future success and our ability to continue to contribute to culture and society in the UK.
We want our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. The range of perspectives and experience diversity brings is an asset to our organisation and we want to create an inclusive, welcoming environment for visitors, artists and all those who work at Tate. Tate expects all employees to contribute to this aim as part of their role. More information about diversity and inclusion at Tate can be found on our website .
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loan.
- Cycle to Work scheme – enabling you to buy a bike in a tax efficient way, for travelling to and from work.
- Rental deposit scheme – an interest free advance to help towards the cost of a deposit for privately rented accommodation
- Subsidised staff catering arrangements and discounts in the Tate Restaurants and Cafes.
- Access to Tate Benefits which offers access to discounts in high street stores.
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme to support you with any work, personal or family issues. This includes telephone-based support, as well as comprehensive online resources.
- Free entry to paying exhibitions at Tate Galleries. Opportunities for family and friends to visit the major exhibitions out–of-hours.
- Discounts on items purchased in the Tate shops.
- Free access to a number of other galleries and museums throughout the UK on production of a valid staff pass.
Tate is committed to providing a safe environment for all those who work at Tate and all those who come into contact with Tate as visitors to the galleries, as participants in Tate activities, and online. The safe recruitment of all those who undertake work on behalf of Tate is the first step to ensuring that we are fulfilling this commitment.
All positions at Tate are offered subject to the following conditions:
- Receipt of satisfactory references covering the last 3 years of your employment or education.
- Health clearance
- A satisfactory Disclosure Check.
- Proof that you are legally entitled to work in the UK
How to apply
Our opportunities are open for you to apply online. Please visit: ###### to create an account by registering your details or, if you are an existing user, log into your account.