School Caretaker - Plymouth | Zoek UK | 055db0
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Are you interested or experienced in School Caretaker work?
We are currently recruiting for determined and hardworking Caretakers to work amongst fantastic schools in Plymouth! We can offer a range of exciting opportunities on both a short and long-term temporary basis in a number of different schools, always placing you with your preferences in mind first!
About the role:
- Key holder responsibility for locking and unlocking the premises morning and evening.
- General maintenance of the premises including cleaning and basic repairs.
- Testing building systems including fire alarms etc.
- Ensuring correct storage of facilities equipment.
- Book outside contractors for major repair work.
- Make sure heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly.
- Flexible shifts varying between 7:00am and 6:00pm, these could include split shifts.
Ideally you will have:
A valid entitlement to work in the UK.
Suitable and up to date workplace references.
A valid enhanced DBS.
the ability to use your initiative.
customer service skills
the ability to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
sensitivity and understanding
excellent verbal communication skills
knowledge of public safety and security
a desire to help people.
the ability to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
Benefits to this job include (but are not limited to):
- Excellent rates of pay
- The option to trial in schools before committing to anything on a longer term basis.
- Managing your own availability through our booking system
- Experiencing Secondary schools across the whole of Plymouth
- Skilled and knowledgeable Consultants who can support you at every step of the recruitment and placement process.
If you are open and flexible to the opportunities that we have to offer, the team here in Plymouth will do everything we can to support you in your search for work and want to help you do what you do best. You will be working with an agency who genuinely cares and give you every opportunity to be successful!
If this role sounds of interest to you, apply through here or email your cv to
We look forward to hearing from you!