Year 1 Teacher - Manchester | Zoek UK | 0567cf
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Year 1 Teacher - Tameside
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Would you like to be part of a motivated team of staff committed to helping children succeed? Are you looking to inspire the next generation of future leaders?
An opportunity has presented to work for a popular two-form entry school in Tameside. This is a full-time position as a Year 1 class teacher which will begin January 2022 and will run until the end of the academic year. Since the school is larger than average size, there is a possibility of this position being extended, depending on your success in the role. The successful candidate will have strong subject knowledge, confidence in Read Write Inc, and be a fantastic team player.
As the Year 1 teacher, you will be working in a two-form, OFSTED rated 'Good' school in a popular suburb of Tameside. The class size is approximately 30 pupils with wide ranging abilities from those not meeting learning objectives to those needing to be challenged at a mastery level. You will be required to develop strong pupil relationships where educational potential is maximised not only academically but in wider skill-sets. Experience support pupils with SEN (Specifically autism and ADHD) will be hugely advantageous and you will be joined by a full time TA who is familiar with the Year 1 curriculum.
As the Year 1 teacher, your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Undertake full class teaching responsibilities for a Year 1 class
- Thoroughly plan and deliver engaging tasks that motivate and challenge ranging learners
- Teach a creative curriculum utilising a range of approaches that cater for visual, audio and kinaesthetic learning preferences
- Make use of both the indoor and outdoor learning environment and provide activities that support continuous provision allowing children to explore and take risks
- Review, report and reflect on daily practice conducting individual pupil observations and providing written feedback in the form of student portfolios.
- Liaise with the SENDCO to report on pupil progress and EHCP plans in relation to where pupils are in terms of meeting, achieving and/or exceeding targets.
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the letters and sounds phonics scheme and plan targeted interventions to bridge gaps and support pupils not meeting expectations with additional reading/writing support.
- Communicate effectively with parent/guardians via Class Dojo and use this tool to keep them informed of individual pupil behaviour, homework and school events.
- Contribute to extra-curricular clubs utilising your area of expertise and attend wider school events in the local community.
After visiting this school, positive relationships between staff and students were apparent due to consistent structures being implemented throughout the school. Behaviour is exemplary both in and out of lessons and all parties (including SLT, Phase leaders, staff, students and parents) are fully onboard and supportive of the school culture and high standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic school and work alongside a hard-working, driven team of staff. This position would suit a dedicated, enthusiastic Year 1 teacher who is ready to make an outstanding impact in a KS1 setting. Due to the school being situated in a rural area of Tameside, it is more conveniently accessible by car with a large, secure on-site car park with spaces available for all working members of staff.
To be successful in this Year 1 teaching role, you will:
- Hold QTS Certification
- Have experience teaching in a KS1 setting (Year 1 highly desirable)
- Be available from January and make a commitment for the rest of the academic year
- Be subject to an enhanced DBS check and overseas police check (if applicable)
- Provide a CV covering the last 10 years employment with no gaps and provide 2 suitable references from your most recent roles in education.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this fantastic opportunity as a Year 1 teacher in Tameside. Or for more information about the role, contact Charlotte on or alternatively email
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.