£50 - £52.50 per day
Do you have a passion for Science and want to gain some practical teaching experience? Are you keen to be part of a team where you can contribute to the development and success of the department?
We are looking for a school Science Technician for one of our secondary schools based in the Conwy area. The position is to start in September 2019.
The benefits of working with our school are
- Dedicated consultant with an enthusiastic and encouraging approach
- Excellent public transport links
- Competitive rates of pay
- Refer a friend and you could earn £300 (T&C apply)
- CPD opportunities
- Free parking
As you will be joining an established team, you will be required to have:
- A strong knowledge of science and a genuine interest in the subject.
- A qualification in any area of science.
- Be registered or willing to register with the EWC (Education Workforce Council)
- Previous experience of working in a school laboratory for referencing purposes.
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike.
- The willingness to learn and train on the job.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude.
You would be providing a practical service to the staff and pupils of the school and responsibilities would include:
- Cleaning, storing and accounting for all equipment and stock including chemicals
- Undertaking of safety checks and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ensuring chemical and biological waste is disposed of correctly
- Maintaining filing systems and correct paperwork for stock orders and keeping the department tidy
If you match the above criteria, then this role could be perfect for you! Please apply as soon as possible or you will run the risk of missing out on this excellent opportunity.
Posted 37 days ago