Software Engineer - Stoke Gifford | Zoek UK | 05986a
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Stoke Gifford, South Gloucestershire, England
£48000 - £54000/annum Flexible Salary + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Seeking a forward thinking Software Engineer to join a technology led Engineering Company providing engineering and software design services to the defence and transport sectors. You will be welcomed into their Complex Systems Division, to support the delivery of software projects within the Transport capability area, with potential to support other areas in the business.
This business has on offer an excellent benefits package and provides a genuinely wholesome place of work, where you will be treated with respect and encouraged to share your ideas. As a business they value their staff and as such they endeavour to ensure that everyone has access to facilities to make life more enjoyable, such as; free filter coffee, tea and snacks from their modern on-site Bistro.
They also invest heavily in training and support for their teams and they offer flexitime as well as home working options, hour banking options for overtime, rewards gateway access, a generous holiday allowance as well as Medical Cover, 4 x death in service rights and a generous pension scheme, as well as bonus for writing publications… The list goes on!
Execution of software development tasks using the following technologies:
* Visual Studio 2017 or later
* C , .NET Core, HTML5, CSS, NUnit, React
* Mercurial and/or git
* Cloud deployment
* Configuration management of software artefacts
* Ensuring software quality through code review, unit testing and analysis of software metrics
* Contributing to company process development
* Managing the release and handover of software to test, production and support
* Providing technical input to ITT responses
* Estimation and evaluation of tasks
* Working collaboratively, as part of a wider team
* Keeping up to date with relevant technology innovations
* Contributing to the technical direction of products
* Participating in design and code reviews collaboratively
* Defining and improving team development processes
* Liaising effectively with test, infrastructure and support teams
The Right Person
* Substantial prior experience in C & .NET development, ideally in a product based environment
* An enthusiasm for exploring and effectively exploiting new technologies
* Be a competent user of MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
This business puts people at the heart of all that they do. If you have the required skills, experience and think you would be a good fit, then please submit an up to date CV now, so we can reach out and explain the next steps ASAP, we look forward to reviewing your application