Technical Assistant - Melton Mowbray | Zoek UK | 05cbb7
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, England
Location: Melton Mowbray
Our client requires a Technical Assistant to be based at their Melton site in Leicestershire. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most progressive beef processing groups in Ireland and the UK.
The successful candidate will be part of a busy Technical team. Duties will include; Conducting quality control checks including temperature and pH of beef carcases, Microbiological duties, online inspections of products ensuring compliance in accordance with customer specifications, Carrying out GMP / housekeeping / Quality audits to ensure compliance and assisting with preparation for external audits when required.
- Technical or Food Related Qualification OR proven relevant experience
- Understanding of HACCP principles
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Competent in record keeping
- Motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- Able to solve problems analytically
- Computer literate
- Foundation certificate in Food Technology
- Previous experience working in the food industry
- Experience of BRC and/or Retailer Audits
- Food hygiene qualification
- Ability to complete quality checks on products throughout the process and ensure that finished product is to customer specification.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.