Year 5 Teacher (KS2) - Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
On behalf of one of our client schools, Teaching Personnel are seeking a fully qualified KS2 teacher for a full time role within a GOOD Catholic primary school within the east end of Newcastle. This role will be a full time primary teaching role within a year 5 class commencing in September 2019.
The school in question has been consistently rated as 'Good' by Ofsted and are looking to build upon this by hiring an experience and enthusiastic practitioner to their teaching team. The ideal candidate will have a strong experience within KS2 teaching, ideally in year 5 or 6. The school is well connected with local transport links and lies roughly 15 minutes from Newcastle City Centre.
This role will include:
- Full time role commencing in September 2019
- Year 5 class of around 30 pupils
- Able to plan fun, engaging and differentiated lessons for learners of all abilities
- Developing all learners on an intellectual, emotional and social level.
- Hold qualified teacher status (QTS) within the UK
- Have recent and relevant KS2 teaching experience, ideally within years 5 or 6
- Have a genuine desire to contribute to development of every child
- Be willing to contribute to the wider Catholic ethos of the school, regardless of their personal faith
- Deliver creative, engaging and group-specific lessons
- A competitive salary of up to £700 a week, dependant on experience
- An opportunity to join a thriving school that is looking to continue raising standards
- Excellent continued professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Become part of a positive school community which "inspires, challenges and cares" about every pupil
It is essential that the successful candidate should have a good working knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum, as well as experience of planning and delivering lessons in accordance with schemes of work.
Non-Catholics are able to apply for this role, however the school reserves the right to employ candidates on faith as part of the employment criteria
Closing Date: noon on 05/07/2019
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 21 days ago