Software Engineer - London | Zoek UK | 05e145
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Over the last twenty years, MarketAxess has completely revolutionized the fixed-income market by creating a single platform using proprietary technology that connects the world’s most influential financial institutions. Today, more than 1,800 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms rely on us to bring them accurate market data to assist with their trading decisions, connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing and technology services to optimize trading environments.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the MarketAxess development team within our Regulatory Reporting team. This role will be responsible for a spectrum of assignments from working on new products, system and product enhancements, and systems architecture to bug fixes.
In this role, you will act as Java development SME and will be an autonomous delivery-focused professional who works consistently to a high standard. You are an expert within your field with a passion for continuous learning and expansion across both professional skills and the industry.
This position will play a major role in the design and implementation of enterprise applications. and will play a role in supporting and guiding associate-level team members..
What You Bring to the Table
* 10+ years' delivery experience on a commercial application development projects including integration with 3rd-party applications.
* 8+ years' experience delivering Java-based commercial enterprise applications.
* 5+ years' delivery experience of message oriented (or event driven) distributed systems.
* Implementation experience in application server clustering, performance tuning and scalability testing to support high throughput, moderate latency, high availability systems.
* Expertise in the analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom built object-oriented applications.
* Strong OO design knowledge, including extensive design patterns knowledge
* Implementation experience of working with open source technologies like Spring, Hibernate, Camel, etc.
* Delivery experience with FUSE ESB, OSGI, Apache Karaf
* Delivery experience with messaging middleware / distributed computing, ideally AMQ
* Demonstrable experience leading small groups of similar level and less experienced developers.
* Experience in writing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL, specifically Oracle. Relational database experience, specifically Oracle.
* Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming - XP and Scrum or RUP
* Linux implementation
* Working within (and knowledge of) the financial industry
* Implementation experience of continuous integration, ideally using Jenkins.
* Java 8+
* REST and Micro Services