Graduate Cover Supervisor in Highgate Hill - Future Teachers
Highgate, Greater London, England
£90 per day
- Are you considering a career in secondary teaching but lack relevant experience?
- Do you have the personality, tenacity and patience to develop engaging relationships?
- Can you provide referable experience commenting on your ability to work with children?
- Have you relevant experience as a Teaching Assistant, Sports Coaching, Learner Mentoring or HLTA?
The Educate Group are working in collaboration with the City of London Academy Trust (CoLAT) and in particular Highgate Hill who opened in September 2017 on the site of Mount Carmel Catholic Girls College in the north of Islington. The school is a mixed, all-ability, non-denominational academy.
We would like to hear from Graduates who will thrive in a lovely building with excellent facilities for students, staff and the community. In particular, we would like to hear from Graduates who have the personality to engage children and the patience to build positive relationships.
At the City of London Academy Highgate Hill, they believe that all students can thrive in their academic lives and become active contributors to their local, national and global communities, if the right environment is provided. Therefore, they strive to provide a calm and purposeful learning environment underpinned by high expectations across the academy.
If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers'. We're passionate in what we do and this is reflected in the genuine, independent advice and guidance we share through a combined 50 years actual teaching, youth work and senior leadership experience.
We appreciate our teams' on-going and ever-changing needs and requirements, which form part of our commitment to finding you a role that works for you!
You will join a company who appreciate the time and dedication needed to develop and nurture their staff. You will immediately notice how we work differently and this is reflected in how you're treated and made to feel welcome.
What will I be expected to do?
- Complete school registers i.e. paper/SIMS etc.
- Supervise work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Manage the behaviour of pupils using each schools own protocol or system
- Respond to any questions from pupils about processes and procedures
- Interact with students (sense of humour can help) and have a strong classroom presence
- Collect all completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher
What skills, qualifications and experience do I need for this role?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly flexible and enjoy working with young people
- Undergraduate degree (desirable)
- GCSE Maths and English (Minimum at Grade C)
- Level 3 Coaching, Youth, Community or Teaching Assistant Certificate experience (minimum)
- Minimum of 3 months referable child based experience (mandatory)
- Clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (mandatory)
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- Free Cover Supervisor training from our own experienced team of staff
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted 'Teacher Training' opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- The Educate Group are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its schools.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
We would love you to become part of the 'Educate Team' where you will be afforded all the time, training, mentoring and opportunities to develop your career as a Graduate Cover Supervisor.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Educate Group and the opportunities that exist, feel free to contact one of our Teachers on#########
Posted 12 days ago