Sports Coach/ Teaching Assistant
Royal Leamington Spa, UK
£57.00 - £65.00 per day
This is an exciting role for someone looking to develop their skills and knowledge in teaching sports. You will work with young people from challenging backgrounds combined with the opportunity for sports coaching.
About the role:
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to engage hard to reach young people
- Sports all rounder - able to coach across a wide range
- Confident mentoring young people 121 and in small groups
- There are 8-10 pupils on site with a dedicated staff so team work is essential
- Secondary age experience is a must
- Monday to Friday (8:30 - 16:00)
- Immediate Start
The following backgrounds and experience are also desirable.
- Youth or community support work experience * Working knowledge of meeting the emotional, social and mental health needs of young people * Desire to take a supporting role in alternative education setting
The school deals with secondary aged pupils that are of a vulnerable and sometimes challenging nature. You will work closely with your colleagues to create action plans for students across Key Stages 3 and 4, taking an active role in implementing a programme that positively encourages learners to overcome barriers to learning, improve their skills and ultimately gain recognised qualifications.
You will need to have strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate with families, carers and a multidisciplinary team of teaching staff. You will be organised, patient and confident, with a sound understanding of the key issues currently affecting young people.
Teaching Personnel can offer you:
Ongoing training through our CPD Academy courses include, team-teach, Autism Awareness, Safeguarding and Moving & Handling
A specialised consultant who is committed to finding you the best employment opportunities
Gold standard safeguarding and vetting checks
Weekly Pay PAYE
If you are interested in this role please send an up-to-date CV to
Posted 9 days ago