Heavy Plant Fitter / Senior Mechanic / Senior Plant Operator
City of London, London
Up to £40000 per annum
Job Title: Heavy Plant Fitter/Senior Mechanic
Salary: £40,000 per annum with annual £5,000 Bonus (based on meeting KPIs)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company carries out cleaning, restoration and new stonework to the finest residential and commercial properties in London more than half of their projects are on Listed Buildings such as The National Gallery and the Bank of England.
They are seeking a suitably experienced plant fitter/engineer to join their team and take sole responsibility for undertaking routine maintenance and major refits of heavy plant, vehicles, platforms and equipment.
You must have a background in heavy plant fitting and ideally construction. You must be used to working in a standalone capacity and also onsite where necessary. Issues should be dealt with in a timely and accurate manner to ensure downtime for machines is kept to a minimum.
You will be a proactive and diligent worker when it comes to issues and problems and must be flexible and adaptable in your approaches to work.
Whilst an exceptional standard of work is expected it is important to us that candidates have excellent communication skills to deal with clients, as well as the ability to work with colleagues across all levels and drive standards from within the company.
- Servicing of various plant and machinery
- Preventative maintenance
- Carrying out PDIs of machinery to ensure it meets our high standards before going out
- Reactively responding to breakdowns
- Managing and overseeing outsourced support contracts, maintaining relationships, monitoring outputs and impact whilst ensuring value for the business
- Working alongside the health and safety manager to support office, warehouse and site health and safety, disaster recovery activities and documentation
- Warehouse and depot management
Essential Experience and Requirements:
- A minimum 5 years experience in in a similar role
- HGV Class 1 (C+E)
- A professionally recognised qualification in Heavy vehicle/Plant Maintenance and repair (NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent)
- Experience Fault finding in electrical and hydraulic systems
- A background in heavy plant fitting
- Excellent diary management and planning skills
- Flexible and adaptive
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Evidence of successfully developing services and improvements
- Able to build and sustain positive working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the business that generate confidence and respect
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave per annum and Bank Holidays (4 days automatically allocated for closure of the offices over Christmas)
- Annual leave is increased by 1 day for each full year of service in the first 4 years
- Group Personal Pension with Scottish Widows (3% Employer Contribution and 5% Employee Contribution)
- Salary and Life Assurance Schemes
- Perk box
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Senior Operator, Senior Plant Operator, Process Plant Operator, Senior Chemist, Engineering Process Operator, Technical Plant Operator, Process Operative, Processing Operative, Plant Utilization Manager, Plant Maintenance may be considered for this role.
Posted 26 days ago