Verification Test Engineer: Medical Robotics
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UKs most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. Were an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world. Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then its a great time to join us.
Youll be designing and documenting detailed test procedures to satisfy complex and safety critical requirements. This will include:
- Performing tests on prototype level devices using varied and experimental approaches
- Evaluating andmodifying existing tests for their effectiveness and robustness
- Evaluatingtesting needs based on technical and risk-based requirements (includinghardware and test equipment needs)
- Analysing anddebugging any issues alongside engineering team to help derive root cause.
Were a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. Wed expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Systems and Test remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition wed like you to have:
- A keen interestin technology with an inquisitive nature
- High attentionto detail and excellent communication skills
- A good degree(at least 2.1) in a technical / scientific discipline
- Familiarity of workingwith configuration management
- A proven understanding of theverification process end to end
In addition, anyexperience of the following would be advantageous:
- Verification ofMedical Devices
- Working in anAgile environment
- Exposure to sourcecontrol systems and JIRA
- Familiarity withworking with embedded systems
- Appreciation ofboth hardware and software
- Experience ofPython (or other scripting language)
- A genuine desire to help and supportteam members so that we can all achieve our best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, youll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interestered? We'd love to hear from you!
Posted 17 days ago