Senior Data Engineer
£70000 - £85000 per annum
Senior Data Engineer Spark, Scala, AWS, Cloudera London £70,000 to £85,000 + 30% extra value in benefits, including an ontarget bonus.
A rapidly growing FS business are looking for a Data Engineer to help them build their cuttingedge Big Data Platform from preproduction through to full production, using Spark, Scala, AWS, and Cloudera. The platform will initially be used by Data Scientists for advanced analytics projects, with a view to make the solution enterprise wide within the next 2 years. This is a great opportunity for you to deal with little legacy code and own the solution from end to end. The Company are also well know for having one of the best offices in the Capital andhaving a market leading culture of empowerment and lean processes in a sector that is known for being slow and overly process driven.
The business has grown from 70 to over 1000 in the last 8 years, and operates a flat, technology driven structure. They highly value empowering their employees with decision making and autonomy, and you will have the chance to make your mark on the platform. They operate in a smart casual environment, and have the feel of a tech business rather than a process driven and formal FS company.
As Senior Data Engineer you will:
- Build and develop a Big Data technology stack from early stages to an enterprisewide solution using Spark and Scala, in an AWS environment.
- Build data pipelines in Kafka to allow for data streaming
- impact existing architecture, incorporating new features into the platform.
- Work in a highly Agile manner with regular Sprints, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Act as support to the Product Manager to drive the vision of the solution
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong programming skills with Scala.
- Experience using Big Data technology such as Hadoop and Spark in production environments.
- Experience using AWS technology stacks.
- A brilliant opportunity to take an early stage solution to enterprisewide production, and gain exposure to the challenging environment this brings about.
- The chance to be innovative and creative with a new technology stack, and have handson responsibility into the development of this platform.
- Salary up to £85,000, plus an excellent bonus and benefit package worth around 30% of the basic salary
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV via the Apply link on this page. For more information about this role, or other Big Data Engineering positions, please reach out to Ross at Harnham.
KEYWORDS: Spark, Scala, Hadoop, Big Data, AWS, Data Engineer
Posted 34 days ago