Parcel Shop Driver - Waleswood Way | Zoek UK
Parcel Shop Driver - Sheffield
Waleswood Way, Wales, Sheffield S26 5NU, UK
Hourly rate of £8.93 & Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be Customer Obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles.
The purpose of our Parcel Shop Driveris to deliver and collect parcels on a multi-drop basis to and from our Parcelshop network within a defined geographical area, providing customer service whilst operating within a safe working environment. So you won’t be delivering Parcels to our Customers homes, more picking up from easily located shops and locations in the day and evening.
About the Role:
You’ll be the front facing representative of Hermes and an ambassador to this great service.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that our Parcel vans are driven safely, well presented and all procedures and legal regulations are adhered to . FTA regulations. You’ll need to maintain integrity and ownership when handling packages, to make certain product is securely delivered to the correct address.
Fitting in with our promise to our customers about the 12 noon drop off, our parcel shop drivers will not start their daily shift until between 10am and 11am (depending on the route) and will work a typical 40 hour week plus overtime as required. They will work 5 days in 6, Monday to Saturday and the days off will be on a rota basis with the other drivers.
Because we want to deliver a first class service, scanning compliance is so important and you should be able to accurately use our hand held terminals whilst maintaining contact with the depot, ensuring any issues are communicated throughout the day
Most of our packages are relatively light but you will be loading and unloading of our vehicles so you must be comfortable and confident with a degree of manual labour and using safe manual handling techniques.
- To ensure that the delivery vehicles are maintained at all times to Company standards in terms of reporting of any defects to the vehicle
- Ensuring that the vehicles are driven safely, well presented and all procedures and legal regulations are adhered to . FTA regulations
- Maintaining integrity and ownership when handling packages, to make certain product is securely delivered to the correct address
- Completing assigned deliveries within time allocated on the designated route. Initiative, knowledge and skill should be used to anticipate and resolve any day to day issues
- Ensuring scanning compliance at all times with the accurate use of the hand held terminals
- Accurate completion of all relevant paperwork
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with appropriate security and Health and Safety legislation and policies
- Maintain a clean and tidy appearance together with a professional courteous manner to all customers and colleagues
- Maintaining contact with the depot, ensuring any issues are communicated throughout the day
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Where necessary some warehouse duties will be required to meet the needs of the business, along with the manual handling of heavier and large items
- Liaise with internal and external support services within the agreed SLA to resolve daily issues affecting daily service.
- Experience of driving a light commercial vehicle and currently hold a valid category driving licence (with not more than 6 points)
- Experience of multi-drop deliveries (upwards of 20 stops per day)
- Ability to deliver good customer service
- Organised and able to work on own initiative
- Good geographical awareness and/or map reading skills
- Knowledge of working time directive.
- Annual salary will be £18,683(inclusive of allowances) this is equivalent to £ per hourwith overtime available at a premium rate.
- 20 days Holiday Entitlement
- Opt in Benefits
“To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”