Sutton, Surrey, England
£8.21 - 8.21 per hour
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Static Security Officer to join Kingdom Services Group Ltd, working at an Institute of Cancer Research site in Sutton, Surrey, SM2 area.
In return we offer a company award scheme, optional work place pension, career progression and access to a substantial free online training academy for professional development.
Hours of work: On average 48 hours per week, 4 On 4 Off, Days, Nights & Wekkends, ######### / #########
To be considered for this position, you will need:
- A valid SIA licence; or applied for
- A full five-year checkable employment history
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible approach
- IT skills
The principal responsibilities of a security officer will be:
- Protect ICR's property at all times, against theft and damage.
- Support procedures to ensure the safety of staff and visitors especially lone workers.
Other duties to include:
- Maintain a high standard of access control for staff and their visitors and vehicles at the locations.
- Monitor and respond to any emergency information and/or systems installed including the critical alarm system.
- Advise and assist on matters of security or Health & Safety.
- Carry out reception duties including; telephone switchboard, accept and record postal and courier deliveries and visitor badge and car park permit issue.
- Carry out patrols as directed in the assignment instructions.
- Check which staff are on the premises outside of normal working hours and enforce the use of the out of hours book
- Check on the safety of staff working out of hours on patrols or by telephone as directed.
- Ensure that all authorised contractors' book in/out of the premises.
- Where directed secure buildings, having ensured all staff have left.
- Monitor CCTV cameras and access control system.
- Maintain a log book of all actions and incidents.
- Provide written accounts of all incidents and emergencies.
- Report any building or equipment defect or damage.
- Record and control distribution of some keys.
- Other duties as may be specified by the Site Manager or Facilities Services Manager.
Examples of our fantastic colleague welfare includes: -
Great people management
Pension and real time access, includes Perkbox (a bunch of freebies)
A real career pathway
Professional development training / via Skills centre
Company award scheme
Awards & Commendations
- Colleague Zone web portal
At Kingdom we take pride in our ability to develop our employees beyond their starting role within the company. Working in partnership with Skill Centre we will make sure you meet all the requirements for your role as well as using existing funding programmes to open up a whole host of career opportunities for you. The qualifications on offer include courses such as First Aid, Customer Services, Team Leading and Conflict Management to name but a few and you will be supported on your training journey with access to the latest e-learning software and equipment.
Posted 44 days ago