Assistant Team Manager - Work From Home | Zoek UK
Assistant Team Manager - SEND
Work From Home
£350 - £450 per day
Pixel Personnel are currently recruiting for experienced Assistant Team Manager to join our clients SEND Team based in Bournemouth, Dorset. Excellent rates of pay on offer up to £450 per day dependent upon experience. Due to Covid-19 guidelines, this is a position that requires remote working. Full time role based on 37 hours per week.
To assist the Team Manager in the effective management of the statutory SEND function, by supporting practice improvement through delegated management tasks as appropriate. This will include undertaking individual supervision and leading group supervision to ensure outcome-based practice is embedded throughout the team.
- To assist the Team Manager in all aspects of work allocation, performance management and staffing issues.
- You will collaborate with the Team Manager and undertake a range of duties to support staff, including guidance and coaching through supervisions and more informal methods of mentoring.
- You will be accountable for the quality of work undertaken by your direct reports, and encourage the use and monitoring of agreed performance standards in line with using the safe practice models.
- You will need to be able to identify potential risk to individual children by having a sound knowledge of the workload cases you oversee and be able to quickly take steps to eliminate or mitigate risk to the education of vulnerable children and Young People.
- You will be accountable to the Team Manager for the quality of work undertaken against agreed performance standards, and advise or escalate to the Team Manager any concerns which may affect the standard of performance required or risk to individual children.
- This role is key in providing newly appointed or inexperienced staff with the opportunity to receive effective mentoring, to ensure they meet the high expectations of delivering best outcomes, to help maintain high levels of compliance when recording actions in line with our legal obligations.
- You will be expected to engage positively with and contribute to workforce development activity across the service, and contribute to the development of a learning and improving organisation with an honest and open approach to learning, self-development and improvement of service.
- You will need to ensure that the child is at the centre of all our work.
- Regular review of the progress of and outcomes supporting the child or Young Person needs to be age and circumstance appropriate and conducted in accordance with the statutory Code of Practice for SEND.
- Organise and implement training sessions through team activities or meetings to bring about change towards a more positive approach to the organisation of caseload or diary management.
- Represent Children's Services at management and officer groups, external organisations and at meetings with elected members at local and national level, to provide advice and information as required.
- To embed best practice principles and a positive, open and trusted learning culture in the respective area of service.
- Contribute to reducing risks to the health, safety and well-being of staff working in the service by acting in accordance with agreed procedures.
- You will need to build effective relationships within the team and across other teams in the local authority, other professionals in Health, CAMHS, Police, Education and Adult Services.
Specific Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience in education, social care or other child-centred service
- Commitment to undertake management training.
- Proven relevant post qualifying experience of direct work within a Local Authority fieldwork team.
- Ability to deputise in the absence of the Manager.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Participation in recruitment, selection and retention of staff.
- Ability to motivate staff, promote performance management and work as a member of the team.
- Professional registration
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Knowledge in:-
- Child Protection
- Relevant SEND legislation
- Assessment Framework
- Performance Management
- Quality Assurance Systems
- Evidence Based Practice
- Anti-discriminatory Practice
- Best Value Principles
- Requirements in:-
- Staff development
- Planning and Review
- Verbal and written communication
- Performance Management and Quality Assurance
- Budget management
Benefits of working with Pixel:
- Your own dedicated & experienced consultant
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- Recommend a friend scheme - Receive £300 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role Scheme - Receive £350 for finding or bringing your own position to Pixel Personnel*
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed for free upon registering
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Pixel Personnel have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on######### or email your CV to us at
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme.
Posted 28 days ago