£35000 - £55000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
The Mechanical Engineer is joining a small team in Cambridge working on optoelectronic and electronic enclosures. You will be tasked with thermal simulations, design of housing, structures & their associated parts and BOM using Solidworks.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide mechanical support to project from scoping of work to production troubleshooting
- Actively Partake in Design for Manufacture and Assembly reviews (DFM, DFA)
- Troubleshoots new products / process working closely with other product development areas
- Troubleshoots new product design / process working closely with development team.
- Preparation of data and drawings for specifications, datasheets, BOMs and assembly instructions
- Educated to degree level i.e., BEng in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in using different plastic materials such as ABS, PC, ASA and other materials such as rubber, and silicon material.
- Previous experience of insert molding, overmolding and cable and connector assemblies is essential.
- Minimum of 4 /5 years previous experience within a similar engineering designing role
- Tooling/production design experience for injection molding, mold flow simulation is a distinct advantage
- Carry out project design, from initial concept through to detail design, materials and production drawings
- Ability to work in a fastpaced entrepreneurial environment
- Computer literate with significant experience of Solid works, AutoCAD
- Exceptional creative design skills
- Ability to help customers with mechanical integration issues
For more information or to apply please contact Chris Moffatt
Posted 9 days ago