7.5T Home Delivery Driver
Darlington - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Warehouse First Line Manager x2
Grade: RCS N
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift Pattern: Fixed Lates (15:00-23:00), Any 5 of 7
Closing Date: 14/05/2021
DHL Supply Chain is beginning an exciting new venture with a well-known Technology company, as part of an exciting new product launch and roll-out. We are delighted to have been chosen to provide warehouse and transport services. Other services that DHL will be offering include inbound, put-away, picking, processing returns and quality control checks on products. We will be operating and show-casing this venture from our brand new state of the art MK Digital Centre warehouse in Milton Keynes, which in turn allows our customer to trial their products throughout 2021 before their formal public launch.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- To provide direction for their team, ensuring all staff clearly understand their goals & targets.
- Ensuring the shift delivers a quality service matched to customer needs in line with SLAs and First Choice.
- Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels to meet operational requirements
- Team building and morale management
- Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues in line with HR policy and procedures
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Experience and understanding of warehouse environment (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Experience of team management (Desirable)
- Knowledge of working time legislation (Desirable)
- Experience of JDA/Warehouse Management Systems (Desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.