Registered Mental Health Nurse - Female DBT Ward
RMN - Female DBT Ward -
- Green, Hassocks, West Sussex Healthcare Vacancy Type Permanent - Full Time Salary 27,824 - 33,153 + 5,000.00 welcome bonus over 3 years Hours 37.5 hrs p/wk
The hospital is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, PICU Services and Acute care. With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- As a Registered Mental Health Nurse at you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals. You will assist and support staff in the management of our specialist Ward and will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care to patients. Our client are able to provide specialist DBT services, where we support females with personality disorder manage their condition and acquire the skills to effectively manage their own emotions, be interpersonally effective and tolerate distress. The ward provides an intensive, year-long programme of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). All staff within the team take part in the therapeutic agenda by facilitating the group programme, delivering DBT Skills Coaching to service users and maintaining the general behavioural milieu of the unit. As such, relevant training and group supervision is available to staff in understanding and working with Personality Disorder, and utilising a DBT approach, along with on-going consultative support from the Ward Psychologist and Consultant Psychiatrist to ensure the whole team acquire skills and understanding of therapeutic principles. You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete an appropriate competency development portfolio. You will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, Mentorship and Appraisal. To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
- Registered Mental Health Nursing qualification
- Completed Pre-registration or Preceptorship
- NMC registration beneficial
- Computer literate
- Working within a secure clinical setting, relevant to the post
- Experience using DBT is advantageous
Job ID : 3425
For more information please call Rachel Cummins on ######### or send your CV to #########
Posted 22 days ago