Mechanical Design Engineer
£33k - 35k per year + Pension, Flexi Hours
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a qualified Mechanical Design Engineer to join a technology driven and friendly company.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will be able to conduct the following:
- Be able to use specialist software to draw, design and create models
- Research new materials and methods of development
- Have good organisational skills and can update and maintain existing records
- Can construct and test prototypes, whilst working closely with other teams regarding the confirmation of designs
- Ensure that all components and assemblies meet all the applicable industry and business standards
Qualifications & Skills
- You will preferably be qualified to Degree level in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Gained 2 years' experience of Industrial Machinery Mechanical Design
- Have solid skills of using SolidWorks Software
- Knowledge of bearings, liner slide assemblies and fabrication processes
- Understand current cutting tool technology
- Have a keen eye for detail at all times
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
This position is 40 hours per week - flexi hours.
Part of your day-to-day duties will include carrying out design, research, prototyping, estimating and process improvement, as well as producing engineering documentation. Reporting directly to the Lead Designer and working closely with the Design/Purchasing and Shop/Assembly teams on design projects.
This role is commutable from Macclesfield, Stockport, Manchester, Northwich.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.
Posted 24 days ago