Special Needs Teacher
£29000 - £43000 per annum + Dependent Upon Experience/Skills
Special Needs Teacher
- Outstanding Harrow SEN School
- Fantastic Facilities and Training
- Full Time Class Teaching Vacancy
- September Start
- KS1/2 ASD, SLD Class
THE JOB & SCHOOL
I am currently recruiting for a number of Special Needs Teacher who is interested in developing their career or newly qualified teacher seeking their first post. This vibrant, successful and expanding special needs school caters for students and pupils between the ages of 311 with a range of needs including many who have autism and profound and/or severe learning difficulties. Based on a purpose built modern and spacious site this flagship school has been consistently delivering outstanding specialist education for SEN pupils for many years under the leadership of a stable, supportive and highly organised SLT.
This is a large, incredibly well run, impressive and well respected special needs school that has consistently delivered great outcomes for children through good planning, hands on responsive management and a truly collaborative approach. The school is going through an exciting period of expansion which will mean that it will become one of the largest special schools in London.
There is a big emphasis on training in school and as a result the school employs staff who are certified to deliver TEACCH, (Picture Exchange Communication System, Makaton, Intensive Interaction and Team Teach training to its teachers. All staff have regular training including training in ASD strategies. The school also invests heavily in a range of therapy teams including Speech and Language Therapists who work regularly in the classrooms.
Previous experience of working in a special needs setting is not essential. We are looking for someone that is passionate about working with children and is willing to tackle new challenges and get stuck in. This is an opportunity to join a well run, established and friendly school where you can make a huge difference to the lives of pupils.
The applicants for this Special Needs Teacher vacancy will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, and be open to learning new things. If you are willing to work hard and open to learning new strategies then the rewards are there
- Special Needs Teacher teaching a KS1/2 class of 8 pupils
- Work with students with autism and severe learning difficulties aged between 5 and 8
- Line managing a team of 2 or 3 support staff within the classroom
- Maximum of 6 children per class
- Modern superbly resources school site in the London Borough of Harrow
- Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport
- Over 100 amazing children
- Dynamic and forward thinking senior leadership team and governors committed to staff support
- Career growth and development including induction and ongoing training that will be tailored to your needs
- Teaching teams who work collaboratively to share expertise and workload
- Supportive governing body
- Warm positive environment in which to work
- A school that is innovative and continuously seeks opportunities to further improve and develop
Posted 20 days ago