Science teacher - Wigan
£23720 - £39406 per annum
Science teacher - Wigan
Due to a rapid increase in numbers next academic year, our client secondary school seeks applications from Science teachers that are able to join the school on a full-time temporary basis from September 2019.
Employment is being offered on a 12 month basis however their will be an opportunity to progress onto a permanent contract later in the academic year.
If successful, the incoming Science teacher will be joining an Ofsted 'Good' graded secondary school that achieves results way above the national average across all subject areas compared to other secondary schools nationally.
- Full-time Science teacher required to start in September 2019
- Must be able to teach at least one area of Science to GCSE
- Competitive pay with earning in line with MPS/UPS scale points - £23,720 - £39,406
- Employment on a 12 month temporary basis with contract extension opportunities likely
The Headteacher at our client secondary school has highlighted that they are seeking applications from ambitious Science teachers with recent experience teaching Science to KS3 and KS4. Newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply and will be supported throughout their placement by other 'Outstanding' Science teachers and Senior Leaders within the school.
Science teachers applying for this role will;
- Will be able to teach at least one area of Science to GCSE.
- Have good subject knowledge of the National Curriculum for GCSE Science including exam specifications
- Have Qualified Teacher Status and a degree or a similar Science related qualification
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for GCSE Science including exam specifications
- Possess a good understanding of SEND procedures
- Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom for both theory and practical sessions, as well as in our modern learning centre
- Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
- Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
This secondary school can be found close to the Standish area of Wigan making it accessible from surrounding areas such as Bolton, Chorley and Preston. It is well respected within the local community and has been commended for the achievement and behaviour of their pupils. The school also achieved a progress 8 score that is way above the national average.
For immediate consideration please send an updated CV to Zack via the link below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information on the number below;
Posted 14 days ago