£23720 - £39406 per annum
Teaching Personnel are supporting a large secondary school located in central Wigan with the appointment of a Geography teacher for a full-time teaching role starting in September 2019.
This is an ideal opening for Geography teachers of all experience levels, to join a school that will offer growth and career progression opportunities (Performance dependant.)
- Full-time Geography teacher required to start in September 2019
- 12 month temporary position in the first instance - Progression opportunities available
- Competitive pay in line with MPS/UPS pay scale (£23,720 - £39,406)
- Must hold QTS specialising in Geography or have experience teaching Geography to GCSE.
The school looking to appoint for this role wish to meet with teachers who can deliver Geography to pupils across the ability range at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
Our partner school holds high expectations of teaching staff and students a like; this has been shown in recent improvements within the school and reflected in their most latest Ofsted report. The Deputy Headteacher wishes to appoint a teacher of Geography that is motivated by the improved outcome of their pupils and has an ambition to consistently deliver 'Oustanding' lessons.
Excellent subject knowledge and behaviour management has been highlighted as desirable traits from teachers applying to this role and will be a contributing factor that will lead to the appointment of any staff member.
Whilst this is a temporary teaching role in the first instance their will be an opportunity for the incoming teacher to progress onto a permanent teaching contract directly with the school later in the year.
Our client school;
- The proportion of disadvantaged pupils is significantly higher than the national average and most pupils are of White British heritage.
- The proportion of pupils who speak English as an additional language is lower than the national average.
- The school is situated in the centre of Wigan and is in an excellent location if you are traveling via public transport.
- If commuting by car then the school has onsite car parking and is just minutes away from the A58.
- Is smaller than the average Secondary school and currently has around 700 pupils on roll
For immediate consideration please send an updated CV via the link below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information;
Posted 15 days ago