Care home administrator - Ashgables
Chippenham, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
* PPE provided
* Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career.
* Enhanced pay for working Christmas, Boxing day and New Year's Day.
* Excellent Induction and 6 weekly formal supervision with line manager
An excellent opportunity to join us at Allied care in one of our Covid-19 SAFE Residential care placements Ashgables in Chippenham as our admin assistant. We are looking to hire a committed and experienced admin person to join our friendly, professional team:
Under the supervision of the Registered Manager to provide administration services to Ashgables House which is a 25 bedded residential service. Ensuring that paper and electronic records, and systems are maintained to a consistently high standard and ready for an audit or regulatory inspection in accordance with internal and statutory requirements
*Key Responsibilities: *
* Assist the Registered Manager in all administrative tasks relating to service provision and ensure accurate records are held or accessible electronically from the office in readiness for regulatory inspection.
* Carry out general office organisational tasks such as filing, updating calendars and diaries, planners and record checks.
* In association with the Registered Manager co-ordinate ongoing auditing of service user monies at least three times per week.
* Assist the Registered Manager to ensure the filing, archiving, electronic data and retrieval systems are well managed and accurately maintained.
* Answer and respond to incoming calls, emails and enquiries to the registered office from staff, service users and their relatives, multi-agencies and the general public in a polite and courteous manner.
* Photocopy and upload information as required.
* Be responsible for the purchasing of stationery and office items.
* Ensure all areas within your sphere of responsibility are undertaken in a cost effective way.
* On a daily basis open mail, date stamp and distribute or action as appropriate.
* Maintain and seek to improve the efficiency of office equipment and ICT systems in place.
* Carry out payroll tasks / Fusion calculations under the direction of the Registered Manager.
*Electronic Client Record System*
* Assist the Registered Manager with the data required for Client Bridge (Allie) and data input across the service (staff and service users)
* Assist the Registered Manager with auditing the quality of the recordings and highlighting areas which need improvement.
* Maintain a safe office environment, advising the Registered Manager of any issues, equipment or systems requirements.
* Attend regular supervision (6 per year) and annual appraisal.
* Attend training as identified as part of your role profile, including mandatory training.
* Adhere to and uphold Allied Care Ltd Policies and Procedures.
* Positively participate in team meetings.
* Ensure sound recording mechanisms are in place and that GDPR is adhered to.
* Work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Any other duties commensurate with the nature and general level of responsibility of this post.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term
Salary: £ per hour
* Casual dress
* Company pension
* Discounted or free food
* Employee discount
* On-site parking
* Store discounts
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
We have trained staff who are able to complete onsite COVID testing for all staff and service users on a regular basis
* Care: 1 year (preferred)
* Administrative: 1 year (required)
* DBS (preferred)