Process Engineer - Wrexham | Zoek UK
£29000 - £31000 per annum + Pension
Permanent (Full time)
Acorn recruitment is currently looking for a Process Engineer member to join the Engineering team to support our continued investment in process automation and focus on continuous improvement. This is an incremental position which directly supports the delivery of our growth strategy.
This is an ideal role for a candidate looking to take on a hands-on role within a fast growing, successful business. The role has a key focus on Process Engineering with some Continuous Improvement activities and will require close collaboration with colleagues in Production, Maintenance, New Product Engineering and Quality.
While working as part of a close knit team your duties will be:
- Commissioning, setting and programming of equipment to support the ongoing development of automated manufacturing.
- Analyse, evaluate and test new and existing processes.
- Use process simulation software to determine and propose optimal production processes.
- Clearly communicate findings and ideas (benefits and any identified impacts) to colleagues to enable informed decision making.
- Investigate, propose and support new technologies and manufacturing processes to improve efficiencies and meet identified customer requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility studies, cost analyses and CAPEX proposals for new equipment.
- Document all process changes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop, write and implement new standard operating procedures for trained operators - new processes, quality requirements and safety.
- Proactively support and assist internal teams to carry out the implementation of new procedures.
- Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations. Work closely with cross functional colleagues to determine product's ability to function is as intended, conduct process experiments, identify and implement corrective actions.
- Participate and lead continuous improvement projects for productivity improvements including reducing cost, increasing yields, increasing cycle times and improving quality. This will include collecting data for analysis to uncover areas for improvements and innovation.
- Contribute to the development of and adherence to health and safety standards.
- 3 to 5 years working experience of Process Engineering in a batch or continuous manufacturing business.
- Working experience of PLC programming, installation of SCADA packages and CAD.
- Experience of designing SCADA and CAD design advantageous.
- Possess HNC (or equivalent) within an Engineering subject.
- Ideally possess a structured Continuous Improvement background. Knowledge and working experience of applying Lean tools and methodologies to reduce waste and improve efficiencies. Experience of key lean toolbox techniques including Gemba,VSM, Kaizen, Poka Yoke, 5S, TPI, PDCA
- Proven track record of performing in a hands-on manufacturing environment working closely with Production and Quality.
- Demonstrate ability to grasp key technical concepts quickly and thoroughly.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to explain technical topics to cross functional colleagues.
- Team player with proven ability to successfully build relationships across functions, with external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Logical and structured problem solver, looking beyond the obvious to identify solutions.
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to embrace change and successfully work in situations where there is ambiguity.
- Tenacious in their approach to problem solving and delivering results.
Now you will be asking what you will get in return:
- You will be part of a friendly working environment where you will be encouraged to work independently on your own initiative.
- A salary paying between £29K-£31K
- A Competitive Pension
If this sounds like something that interests you then click Apply and someone from our Wrexham Branch will be in touch!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Posted 44 days ago