£29.00 - £30.00 per hour
Contract (Full time)
Opportunities like this dont come around often would you like the challenge of supporting a business making an impact on some of the biggest projects in the UK defence market right now? Do you have what it takes? Yes? Then this is the job for you!!
Due to continued investment, this manufacturing business at the cutting edge of technology is searching for the perfect Materials Engineer to join their growing team in Glascoed on an initial 6month contract. This role pays £30.00 per hour.
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the Materials Engineer role, youll be responsible for:
- Design and development of new processes and improvement of existing processes.
- Support product development planning, via involvement with internal product and process technology projects.
- Liaising with design engineers, procurement professionals, universities and their associated manufacturing development enterprises etc.
To succeed within the Materials Engineer role, youll have experience in a similar position, and youll ideally have the following skills:
- A recognised metallurgical or material science qualification, preferably to degree level, but minimum HND/HNC.
- Experience in providing metallurgical advice in the selection of materials, manufacturing processes and mechanical testing of nonferrous and ferrous metals, including NDT procedures, and corrosion assessment control.
- An understanding of national and international material and material processing Standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cuttingedge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills at a prestigious company
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, wed love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Materials Engineer, please send your CV to the Aerospace and Defence team via the apply now button.
***PLEASE NOTE: Start dates are imminent so apply now!!!***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Posted 17 days ago