Electrical Support Engineer - Leighton Buzzard | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Electrical Support Engineer
Leighton Buzzard, Central Bedfordshire, England
Basic Salary: £30-38k + Company Benefits & Holiday (rising with service)
Permanent (Full time)
We are expanding! Are you an Electrical Engineer and already an expert in either installation, service, maintenance, fault-finding or electrical design on machinery / equipment in an industrial setting. We're open on sector - any of those backgrounds would be of interest for our brand-new site based Electrical Support Engineer role in Leighton Buzzard.
Basic Salary: £30,000 - £38,000
Benefits: Access to the full company benefits including pension and holiday package rising with your service.
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Commutable Locations: Luton, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, Hemel Hempstead, Dunstable, Bletchley, Bedford, Ampthill, Woburn, Buckingham.
Why should you join us?
· No shift pattern, minimal travel, working Monday-Friday.
· Want to learn electrical control panel design? We will teach you!
· Want to learn to program a PLC? You can with us!
· Want to be our Engineering Manager one day? That's also realistic if you're good enough!
· You can still be hands on in our workshop supporting assembly and test.
Job Description: Electrical Support Engineer
This is a brand-new Electrical Support Engineer role where you can utilise all of your electrical engineering knowledge and skills.
You will provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to our Service Engineers and directly to customers including: facilities management, food manufacturers, leisure centres, mechanical and electrical contractors, hotels, restaurants, pubs, hospitals / healthcare trusts, local authorities, universities, colleges, schools, parks and public attractions.
Your Responsibilities: Electrical Support Engineer
· Provide telephone support and troubleshooting to our service engineers in the field and directly to our customers
· Occasionally we may need you to go to site to fault-find or conduct a technical survey - but that would be because the service team need your high level of electrical expertise
· Assist in the specification of electrical components for new pump systems
· Compile design layouts for electrical control panels (we will teach you this if you are interested in learning and you haven't done it before)
· Program PLC's, inverters and other electrical equipment (we will also teach you this if you want, but you might have some exposure if you've been a service / commissioning engineer before)
Your Background: Electrical Support Engineer
Your practical background post education will be either:
· Field service / maintenance or installation on industrial machinery
· Electrical fault-finding and diagnostics on PLC's
· Electrical design
· Programming of control systems
We could accommodate any of these electrical backgrounds and want an engineer who has the ambition to grow and help to shape our company and this role.
We develop pumping systems, to include the pump, the system and the electrical control panel as a full turnkey solution to our customers and supply these systems into a variety of commercial and industrial customers in the South East and then provide an aftersales service contract.
We have ambitious growth plans as a business to double our turnover and headcount in the next three years. Now is the perfect time for you to join us!
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Technical Support, Service Engineer, installation, maintenance, field service, electrical, control panel, electrical engineer, pump, system, commissioning, design, PLC, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, Omron.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC16204, Wallace Hind Selection