Job title: Project Manager
Business area: Mears New Homes
Mears being voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019 is just one of the many reasons people want to work for us & here are just a few more:
- 25 Days Annual leave plus bank holidays
- Extensive training & development opportunities
- Annual Family Fun Day for you & your family
- Pension and Life assurance
- Mears Rewards With hundreds of savings at popular retailers you could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers at top brands from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
- Mears Assist Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Paid time away from work to take part in social value activities in the local community
Who are we?
Today Mears is one of the UKs leading service providers to both the public and private sector with over 12,000 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund their placemaking ambitions.
Mears Groups vision is to make a positive difference to the people we serve by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives. We do this by developing outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community. We are looking for people who can help us deliver on our values, fulfil our future ambitions and their own.
Mears New Homes is currently searching for a Project Manager to join their team in Welwyn to undertake day to day management of the construction activities for a designated project to manage the relevant Construction Team to provide a quality product efficiently, safely and professionally; within set budgets and agreed timescales, and delivering high standards of customer service.
- Implementation of Mears SHE procedures always putting Safety first, Coordination of Subcontractors H&S ensuring RAMs are in place prior to setting to work.
- Liaise with Building Control and any other Statutory Bodies and implement actions as required.
- Regular monitoring of progress, reporting progress and managing works to the contract and target programmes.
- Subcontract package management (Where part of a large team a number of individual packages will be allocated by the Project Manager)
- Commercial awareness understand the commercial situation and strategy. Awareness of the Project Profit Plan and your role in implementing this. Know the prelims budget and manage expenditure on the likes of site set up and consumables accordingly.
- Review Construction drawings for build ability and compliance ensuring flow of all latest information to the supply chain.
- Ensure quality control checks completed
- Daily records & Site Admin
- Work with and update management system as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, SMSTS qualification, CSCS card
- First aid trained
- Scaffold Inspection qualification
- Previous Project/ Programme Management experience
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel
- The ability to produce short term programmes
- Valid full UK/ EU driving licence
- NVQ or similar in Site Management
- Prince 2 or similar Project Management qualification
- 35 years in a similar position
- Experience in contracting and development
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project
Apply and take the first step on your journey with us today!
Posted 18 days ago