Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England
£100 - £140 per day
A Special educational needs (SEND) primary school in Mansfield requires a Teacher for maternity cover starting after February half term.
This rewarding role will involve teaching primary school students aged 3-11 years of age with mixed SEND needs including Autism (ASC), severe learning difficulties (SLD) and moderate learning difficulties (MLD). In particular the focus in class would be SLD and ASC.
You will be teaching the national curriculum including modificatations taking into account the special educational needs of your pupils as individuals. The school believes that 'Every child has the right to an education'. They believe this is achieved by including areas such as Personal and Social Development and Health Education and by placing an appropriate emphasis on the development of communication, in its widest sense, across the whole curriculum.
You will direct Teaching Assistants and set clear teaching objectives and independent learning programmes for students, specifying how they will be taught and assessed. Develop and apply appropriate teaching strategies to maximise student learning and work with multidisciplinary teams to support student learning.
Qualifications and skills required for this role include;
- A bachelors degree and qualified teaching status (we will accept applications from NQT'S from both a primary and secondary background)
- Experience teaching students with SEND in a special school environment
- Team Teach training or other training in behaviour management such as MAPA is desirable but not essential
- ASC training desirable but not essential
- Teachers who have undergone Makaton and PECS training
- Experience working with 'P' levels and or experience with students who have significant communication difficulties
- Must have a valid DBS
If you are passionate about teaching, not just the National Curriculum but also Personal and Social Development, I would love to hear from you! Please contact Chloe Moffatt or click APPLY now!
Posted 14 days ago