Senior Software Engineer - Java
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
The role involves working as part of a team developing a diagnostics system for a blue-chip car manufacturer. The end product will be used in car dealerships to diagnose and repair faults on all vehicle electrical / electronic systems.
Working with both Bosch and customer teams overseas will also be required, with occasional overseas travel possible. The working environment is dynamic and fast paced with customer requirements and development required on an on-going basis to keep up to date with new vehicle releases. The role would suit someone with good software skills looking to help develop an interesting and unusual product in a fast growing and future-proofed sector.
- Developing vehicle diagnostic software using cloud services in a demanding and energetic environment
- Design and implementation of complex business solutions
- Providing a level of leadership in the design and development of software components
- Producing high quality software with minimum oversight
- Contributing to and take responsibility for software architectural decisions
- Working together with fellow Scrum team members and the Product Owner to refine and split user stories
- Designing and developing software features based on tasks defined together with fellow Scrum team members
- Investigate and correct software defects
- Defining and implementing automated software tests against task and user story acceptance criteria
- Working on worldwide products
- Design, implementation and deployment of cloud services
Experience of developing production software coupled with a broad range of technical knowledge / skills including:
- Server development
- Java server
- Database knowledge
- REST design and implementation
- Testing experience
- Test Driven Development
Experience of AWS (release deployment, basic management, architecture design, architecture implementation, knowledge of available features, scalability and performance tuning and monitoring)
Have exposure to system, solution and software architecture
Have knowledge of working within a Scrum of Kanban environment on 2-week sprints
Competitive salary and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development
Posted 6 days ago