Domestic Appliance Engineer
South West London, London
£26467 - £28584 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Due to continued growth our client is seeking a Domestic Appliance Engineer to join their team and cover South West London.
As a Domestic Appliance Engineer your primary responsibility will be to repair, install and service domestic appliances e.g. washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, cookers, tumble driers and gas fires.
As a Domestic Appliance Engineer, your role will involve:
- Download and print service call jobs for the day, this will include customer contact details, product details and fault description
- Organise the days schedule in line with timing constraints and geographical area
- Drive from call to call
- Communicate with customers and call centre
- Repair, install and service appliances
- Onsite safety checks
- Process and order parts on line if the item of stock is not carried in the van
- Make arrangements with the customer for a return visit
The successful applicant will need to have the following qualities/skills:
- You will need to hold a valid drivers licence
- Good geographical knowledge of South West London
- Able to engage well with customers and provide first class service
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Quick learner and able to process new information
- Motivated, dedicated and hard working
- Computer literate
- Physically fit as the role involves varying degrees of bending, squatting, lifting, stretching and reaching.
Previous experience as a Field Service Engineer/White Goods Engineer is not required, however you must have electrical and/or mechanical skills. If you have a gas certificate this would be advantage.
This is a homebased role and you will be supplied with a company van, tools, laptop, selfstorage unit to store parts, uniform and mobile phone.
Hours: MondayFriday 39 hours per week, start time from 7.15am. You will need to work 10 Saturdays per year (4 hours, 8am12pm, paid as overtime at double time).
Salary: £24,577.14 increasing to £26,543.13 after successful completion of probation and full allocation of work per day. They also give DHP (Double holiday pay) where they pay an extra month in the year split between three extra payments in May, July and November. Therefore, completion of a full year would be basic pay of £24,577.14 plus DHP £26,467.68 and then completion of probation would be £28,584.91.
Higher salary for successful applicants who have a gas certificate. Opportunity to increase your salary with overtime paid at double time and commission for selling company products.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Also, you will have the opportunity to earn 5 additional holiday days for no sickness in a 12month period and 3 additional days for working during the winter months. Pension, life assurance, discount on products and monthly performance related pay.
Interested in this role based in South West London? Please email your CV to or contact me on#########
Posted 48 days ago