Class 1 Driver
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
£26,330 - £29,257
Class 1 Driver
Salary: £26,330 - £29,257
Hours of Work: There are a number of permanent day and night positions based on a guaranteed 48 hour week with the opportunity to work additional hours paid at premium rates.
Monday - Friday, days, various start times Monday - Friday, nights, various start times
Our client has been operating under an umbrella group since 1985 servicing household names from their 70 locations across the UK.
Their vehicle fleet includes 370 artics, 230 rigids and 1500 trailers operating from several million square feet of warehousing which provide employment for around 2,000 people. A planned policy of growth and development seeks to see this figure increase continually, through organic growth and selective acquisition.
They pride themselves on their commitment to the health, safety, welfare, training and development of all their colleagues along with the excellent benefits package that is offered to all employees.
Class 1 Night Driver Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all company Health & Safety policies are adhered to by you and others at all times.
- Ensure all aspects safety and customer site rules are adhered to
- Responsible for the security of any products carried whilst in transit
- To drive defensively and fuel efficiently at all times.
- Ensuring all delivery and collection notes and paperwork are correct.
- Provide accurate paperwork relevant to debriefing of allocated jobs
- Ensuring all transport legislation including driver's hours and vehicle defect reporting is adhered to
- To adopt a proactive approach to ensure all issues concerns and improvements are communicated to all parties in a timely manner
- To carry out any other reasonable request as detailed by the Transport Management Team
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and wear Uniform and any PPE provided
- Requirement to manually self-load and unload throughout shift
Class 1 Night Driver Requirements:
- Current and valid LGV Licence
- Minimum of 2 years' experience
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers hours regulations and Tachograph law is essential; as is the ability to work with minimum supervision, DCPC hours essential
- Good communication & organisational skills
- Please note, offers to all new starters of the company will be subject to pre-employment medical checks (Inc. Drug & Alcohol Tests)
- Pre-employment driving assessment
Class 1 Night Driver Benefits:
- Full Uniform
- Tax-free Allowances
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement including bank holidays
- Free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children
- Extensive discount and savings scheme on thousands of high street stores and travel providers
- Drivers Medicals reimbursed
- Online access to your payslips, holiday bookings and other personal information
- Virtual GP surgery and private prescription service
- Online health assessment
- Physiotherapy Triage
- Overtime available
- Cash rewards for long service, dedication to values and nominate a colleague scheme
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE
- Payroll giving and match funding on charity fundraising for all employees
If you feel that you may be suitable for this role then please apply now!
Posted 4 days ago