Consultant Psychiatrist � PICU
One of the leading Healthcare Providers is currently seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join a reputable Hospital located in Bristol. The Hospital provides recovery-focused treatments in a comfortable and therapeutic environment. They offer a various range of services, such as acute mental health treatment programmes, residential addiction treatments, accredited eating disorders service, and a rehabilitation and recovery unit.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of around 150,000 per annum with great additional benefits such as career development, free onsite parking, childcare vouchers, pension, online benefits and many more.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you will be delivering the highest standards of care to the service users and their families. You will work closely with the multidisciplinary teams to ensure that the service users receive a holistic and person-centred care and treatment programme based on the recovery model. Your main duties include:
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients, including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983).
- Supervising the process of referral and admission including contributing to pre-admission assessments of young people with other team members.
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of young people.
- Contributing to management meetings and clinical governance meetings for the services provided at the hospital, and contributing to the development of service strategy.
- Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior medical staff.
- Maintaining CPD and re-validation requirements, as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies.
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of services in collaboration with the site Medical Director, Service Line Clinical Director and Clinical Service Manager. It is essential for you to have the following skills and experience:
- Have a current registration with the GMC including the relevant Specialist Register
- Hold an MRCPsych (or equivalent) and a Higher Specialist Training, CCST/CCT (or equivalent) in CAMHS psychiatry
- Have experience of working in inpatient setting with people with significant mental health difficulties.
- Be able to work autonomously to agreed short and medium term objectives.
- Be able to understand the impact your actions will have on the care of the patient and the workings of the multidisciplinary team. To be considered for this role you must have; a registration with GMC, hold an MRCPsych (or equivalent), Higher Specialist Training, CCST/CCT (or equivalent) in CAMHS, have experience within an inpatient setting.
Reference ID: 2533
Posted 43 days ago