Sports Graduate Teaching Assistant Vacancy
£57.00 - £60.00 per day
The Head of a client PRU based in Cardiff is looking for a teaching assistant with a sporting background to assist one to one with a pupil that displays challenging behaviour. The pupil will be of KS3 age and you will assist both within and out of the classroom.
For this 1:1 Teaching Assistant post you should be a self-assured sport graduate who has earned a second-class degree or better and a good understanding of how to work with children based on experience gained from a similar role. The school needs a graduate who has role model qualities and a truly compassionate nature. You will have the skills to display a clear passion to the education profession through dedication to the role. You will have the skills to interact positively with teachers and students allowing you to reach particular needs.
This 1:1 Teaching Assistant position involves helping to nurture the social and academic development of a bright child in the KS3 class who displays Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties.
- Any relevant SEN/Autism experience or qualifications is desired, however not essential so please still apply.
- A passion and enthusiasm to see pupils achieve their best potential
- Dedication to the needs of all your pupils, working with other staff members to offer emotional and academic support
- A Child Only DBS on the Update Service, or one done through Teaching Personnel
- A background in sports, whether it's coaching or personal experience playing sport to a high level.
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence
- Punctual and reliable
- Enjoys a challenge
If you feel you have any of the skills shown above please feel free to get in touch with Matt our SEN specialist, we would love to hear from you!
Posted 11 days ago