Head of Product - Milton Keynes - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 09383d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Head of Product
Milton Keynes - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you will make an impact
As the Head of Product, you will provide, strategic, commercial, and technical oversight across the relevant product groups to ensure alignment with overall Xero strategy and customer requirements to drive the execution of key projects, owning the communication with stakeholders around the globe, and building empathy for and understanding of your users, customers, and markets.
You will be responsible for teams of Xeros that create value for our small businesses and our partners by building and enhancing the products that make the magic happen. You will provide oversight across your portfolio, ensuring the right things are built at the right time and through doing so you’ll contribute to Xero achieving its goals.
What you’ll do
- Develop a product strategy roadmap in collaboration with EGM Product, Product Managers and internal stakeholders to meet Xero’s strategic objectives
- Regularly review the strategy, priorities and outcomes, updating it to reflect changes in Xero’s strategy, market changes, and lessons learned from customers and initiatives
- In collaboration with design and product teams, transform product priorities & opportunities into actionable outcomes, and help ensure the teams are generating ideas & experiments that can validate our assumptions & improve our chances of success
- Ensure the roadmaps produced by Product Managers are data-informed, based on customer research and OKR’s
- Build and lead effective teams of product managers, product owners, developers and analysts that continually improve and deliver value to our customers
- Contribute to the improvement of Xero’s product leadership capability
- Work with go-to market teams to ensure they understand product strategy and there is clear messaging in place for product launches
- Bridge technical and business worlds as you lead strong and productive relationships with stakeholders to understand and deliver on market needs and priorities, and evangelise our product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the day-to-day execution of all product activities for the purpose of meeting the product and Xero’s goals
- Work with strategy, product marketing, data, and research teams and drive user and competitive research to uncover customer needs and new product value propositions in line with Xero’s vision and commercial goals
- Cultivate a fun, rewarding, innovative and results-driven culture that lives and breathes our Xero values
Success looks like
- Continuously delivering industry leading products for Xero customers
- Creating, communicating and constantly evolving roadmaps that support the growth of products and reflects changing needs of customers
- Attracting and retaining the best talent to maintain a world class team
You will have
- Previous experience in inspiring people leaders and building high performing teams
- Proven experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
- Solid track record of addressing customer needs through innovative use of technology
- Extensive experience working with software development projects at scale
- Demonstrated experience in defining product roadmaps
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- The ability to break down complex problems, deliver pragmatic solutions and to manage changing priorities
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.