GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global, heavy manufacturing client who are true leaders in their field.
Collaborating with the Proposals Team to manage and deliver all technical/commercial proposals to meet sales enquiries for a wide geographical spread - North Sea, Norway and UK, Australia, MENA, Malaysia etc.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Work as part of the proposals team to formulate bidding and proposal execution strategies to ensure consistency of proposal delivery, prioritisation of work and the presentation and quality of proposals to the highest standards.
- Responsible for the organisation, production and timely delivery of bids/proposals, including any documentation such as technical data sheets, bids forms, commercial forms, legal forms etc.
- Participate in client presentations and negotiations ensuring compliance with risk parameters and bid modifications as required.
- Provides post bid submissions and organises the response to requests for clarification.
- Collaborates with the proposals team to develop schedules, procedures and systems to enable timely and informative reporting and metrics.
- To track and follow up on sales proposals, ensuring that we know why we have won or lost a project.
- Receive orders from customers and prepare order entry information to transfer to project management and contract administration team.
- Participate in internal and/or external kick-off meetings as required to facilitate the smooth transfer of orders.
- Enhance and implement sales and proposals processes, streamlining for efficiency and increasing effectiveness.
- To identify potential sales opportunities and visit key customers as and when required.
- To liaise with business development to enable effective sales and marketing.
- To build, manage and develop our current CRM software.
- To set prices and margins in line with targets.
- Requirement to liaise with operations and support delivery of the strategy.
- Attendance at weekly sales meeting to review all opportunities and prospects, ensuring all are followed up and visits to key clients are scheduled.
- Attendance at any specified exhibitions and seminars.
- Regular review of all sales processes ensuring we are delivering a LEAN process.
- Providing clear handovers to Projects team on successful order placement of all jobs.
Key Skills & Experience
- A background in sales, commercial and customer services preferably within the metering / industrial automation and controls industries
- Good organizational skills to respond to multiple inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong focus on time and task management, capable of handling many orders and tasks in parallel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient user of all MS Office packages
- Self-starter with ability to see a task through to completion
- Ability to balance time and tasks, prioritising where appropriate
- Experience with IT network, database and web skills beneficial
Travel to client bid clarification meetings will be required globally.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 19 days ago