Graduate Cover Supervisor - Future Teachers
Southwark, Greater London, England
£90 per day
- Are you a dynamic and energetic Graduate looking to make a difference in the classroom?
- Do you have recent Teaching Assistant, Sports Coaching, Learner Mentoring or HLTA experience?
- Can you provide referable experience commenting on your ability to work with children?
- Would you like to work in a vibrant, supportive and passionate Academy?
- Have you considered working as a Graduate Cover Supervisor to help develop your classroom practice and experience?
The Educate Group are working in collaboration with the City of London Academy Trust (CoLAT) in their search for confident, ambitious and similar like-minded staff who strive for excellence in all aspects of their work. We are driven by our ambition to provide world-class experiences and deliver exceptional educational outcomes for the young people and schools we serve.
The City of London Academy, Southwark provide high-quality education in a vibrant, innovative learning environment, where students and staff feel valued and supported. We are passionate about helping every student achieve their full potential in a caring, inclusive community. The majority of students leave us with a plethora of options, be that employment, apprenticeships or entry into leading universities including Oxbridge.
If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers' . We're passionate in what we do and this is reflected in the genuine, independent advice and guidance we share through a combined 50 years actual teaching, youth work and senior leadership experience .
We appreciate our team's on-going and ever-changing needs and requirements, which form part of our commitment to finding you a role that works for you!
You will join a company who appreciate the time and dedication needed to develop and nurture their staff . You will immediately notice how we work differently and this is reflected in how you're treated and made to feel welcome.
What will I be expected to do?
- Complete school registers i.e. paper/SIMS etc.
- Supervise work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Manage the behaviour of pupils using each schools own protocol or system
- Respond to any questions from pupils about processes and procedures
- Interact with students (sense of humour can help) and have a strong classroom presence
- Collect all completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher
What skills, qualifications and experience do I need for this role?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly flexible and enjoy working with young people
- Undergraduate degree (desirable)
- GCSE Maths and English (minimum at Grade C)
- Level 3 Coaching, Youth, Community or Teaching Assistant Certificate experience (minimum)
- Minimum of 3 months referable child based experience (mandatory)
- Clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (mandatory)
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- Free Cover Supervisor training from our own experienced team of staff
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted 'Teacher Training' opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- The Educate Group are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its schools.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
We would love you to become part of the 'Educate Team' where you will be afforded all the time, training, mentoring and opportunities to develop your career as a Graduate Cover Supervisor.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Educate Group and the opportunities that exist, feel free to contact one of our Teachers on#########
Posted 14 days ago