Front End Developer with Design Skills
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Ever wondered how technology gets from the manufacturer into your hands?
This company is a leading provider of IT product sales & procurement software & services. They track the stock & price of over 5m different IT & office products. Customers use their normalised data to find & buy stock, populate their webstores, generate quotes, purchase electronically & provide delivery tracking onto their own clients.
Based in Mayfair, they offer services to 25,000 customers in 23 countries. Their software ranges from a powerful stock search tool to bespoke ecommerce solutions.
They have a clear need for a frontend developer with design skills. Recent focus has been on developing the substantial backend data processing their services require. The onscreen experience is dated & now needs improving & updating. Your role is to:
- Manage frontend development, from design to delivery into their live environment.
- Help tell their story, services & value to their users, through focused UX design & development.
- Translate customer needs into interface features.
- Work with the backend team to deliver new value.
- Use your skills to help with digital marketing & online advertising.
You need a combination of programming & design skills to produce dependable code, optimised for efficiency, delivering pixel perfect pages on desktop & mobile alike.
Essential: HTML5, CSS3 preprocessor SASS, Basic PHP, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
Experience: 25 years in a commercial frontend role.
Education: Qualifications to show your enthusiasm & diligence. Minimum Maths GCSE, ideally a BTEC/Degree in a related subject.
Fluent spoken & written English.
Salary & Benefits:
- £30£40k and more for the right person.
- 21 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- 4 extra days holiday at Christmas,
- Office hours 9.30 to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Free fruit and Coke/Red Bull in the office
- Relaxed West End office where their social ethos enjoys the neighbourhood.
- Work from home up to 2 days per week after probation
- They are a sponsoring employer for those that require a visa.
But they hope you find the biggest perks are having autonomy to progress your work from design to deployment & the opportunity to become the lead frontend developer, grow your own team.
Youll be of special interest if youve worked in ecommerce, the IT channel, or on a B2B service. Similarly, links to your portfolio, GitHub repository and any testimonials gained from your experience are very welcome.
They aim to have a quick phone interview with you with days, then invite you to their office in Heddon Street, Mayfair within a week.
And because youve read this far, if you include the word Shibboleet or send them a link to your favourite online joke, your application will get extra attention.
Posted 13 days ago