Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
£57 - £70 per day
Teaching Personnel are working with an SEN School located in the Milton Keynes. The school caters for the needs of a variety of pupils, ranging from those in wheel chairs, non-verbal students, SEMH, ASD and more.
The successful candidate ideally should have experience working with children in a similar environment. The school requires a Learning Support Assistant who has the ability to maintain a calm and patient atmosphere and have the skills to support behaviour management. It's crucial that you are pro-active and engaging with the children as this will allow for progress amongst pupils within the class. You will be working with a variety of children on a 1:1 level and in small groups.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Ideally experience with children from an SEN background
- Alternatively experience working with children with disabilities
- Degree is preferred in subjects such as psychology, education or those alike
- High professionalism
- Ability to encourage a successful learning environment
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- SEN experience is essential
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
YOUR LONG TERM PROSPECTS
- With experience you may be able to progress to a senior assistant job. You may be able to take on more responsibility by applying for training and assessment for Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) status
- When you are fully experienced as a special needs teaching assistant, you may be able to study for a foundation degree. These are offered by a number of colleges and universities
- After completing a foundation degree you might be able to progress to a related honours degree which could provide a route for qualifying as a primary school teacher
Teaching Personnel are the UK's leading Education Recruitment Agency and we are recruiting for similar vacancies across Milton Keynes.
In order to register with Teaching Personnel, candidates are required to have Child Workforce DBS registered on the update service. All candidates are required to complete a Safeguarding course through Teaching Personnel, or provide a relevant safeguarding certificate during your registration process. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory vetting checks and references.
If you feel this is the right role for you then please contact Harry McCullagh at Teaching Personnel on#########
Posted 9 days ago