South East London, London
Up to £20000 per annum
Our wellestablished client is looking for a Driver to undertake the safe and secure transportation of Asylum Seekers, their Dependent Children and luggage to and from Asylum Screening Units, Initial Accommodation, UKBA Reporting Centres and any other point of claim.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure that the welfare and care of the service users and their dependent children being escorted is maintained to a consistently high standard, ensuring their moral and legal rights are observed and the constant care of their property is undertaken.
- To report fit for duty properly attired, in possession of the full equipment and personal documentation needed to carry out the task.
- To escort the service users and their dependent children in full compliance with the instructions, regulations and guidelines produced by the company and agreed by the UK Border Agency.
- To drive company vehicles as required complying with statutory regulations and company policies and procedures to ensure safe practice.
- To perform escort and other tasks strictly within the timescales as required by the UK Border Agency.
- To maintain effective communication links with the Contract Manager and the First Line Manager as instructed with regards to the progress of the escort or any other appropriate matter.
- To provide timely feedback of intelligence and operational problems to the Contract Manager or First Line Manager.
- To be responsible for the completion and dispatch of documentation relating to the escort as required.
- To record and communicate all complaints and requests made by Service Users and their families in strict conformance to the Clients instructions.
- Ability to remain calm and in control under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative
- Comfortable with adherence to the rules of the operation
- Good general standard of health
- Flexible and adaptable
- Smart professional presentation
- Fully checkable 10year employment/education history
- Full driving licence (must have either a private hire driving licence or D1 licence to legally drive a minibus of up to 16 passengers)
You will be a confident and safe driver. Your shift will start and finish in SE22 and you will cover the South East London area. Occasionally you will be required to travel further distances.
In return, you will benefit from 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension and life insurance. Hours: 5 days per week, 48 hours per week, including 1 or 2 weekends per month. Earliest shift starts at 6am and latest shift finishes at 6pm. Salary: £20,000
Interested in this permanent role, based from home covering the South London area? Please email your CV to or contact me on#########
Posted 20 days ago