Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Our chosen business partner is experiencing a steady period of growth. They are a leading manufacturer of energy products. An exciting vacancy has arisen within the Research and Development department in Preston for a Senior Project Manager to join the team. Reporting directly to the R&D Manager, the main purpose of this role is manage and lead project objectives and the formulation of the specification through to completion, ensuring that post launch targets are achieved.
* Plan, monitor and report on UK product programs, including delivery timescales and resource allocation effectiveness.
* Use the group New Product Development Process to manage the progress of each project.
* Adherence to key project elements, Product specifications, Agreed Timescales, Project Costs, Product Quality/Reliability, and Market/Business Goals.
* Negotiate/Coordinate of key functional resources via department managers.
* Negotiate and manage key suppliers.
* Project manage key business New Product Development projects.
* Successfully lead multiple projects from start to finish, including when required making/following through with any necessary challenges at any levels.
* Effectively manage and lead UK and Group specific projects from defining project objectives and the formulation of the specification through to completion, ensuring post launch targets are achieved.
* Achieve project targets and successful sign off, alongside regular project status reporting to the business.
* Educated to degree level, preferably within an Engineering discipline.
* Minimum of five years project management experience within a manufacturing environment, allied to a broad knowledge of Marketing, Product Assembly, Material Logistics and Quality Systems.
* Working knowledge of Prince2.
* Manage multiple projects across multiple sites using a stage gated process.
* Critical thinking and problemsolving skills.
* Be a great team player, alongside having excellent interpersonal skills.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Posted 31 days ago