Clinical Risk and Quality Improvement Lead
£25.00 - £30.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £31.00 to £38.00 per hour umbrella depending on skill
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Clinical Risk and Quality Improvement Lead
Job Type: Temporary
Duration: Expected to last 3 months and likely to be longer
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Pay Rates:£25.00 - £30.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £31.00 to £38.00 per hour umbrella depending on skill and experience
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm
As a senior member of the Corporate Governance team, the correct candidate is responsible for leading and driving quality improvement and regulatory compliance to achieve the best service standards and outcomes for patients and the Trust. Key responsibilities include providing expertise and oversight for the incident investigation process, regulatory compliance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Working with clinical teams to ensure an open and transparent approach and expertise delivers effective and timely incident investigation, opportunities for service improvement and implementation of associated activity;
- Lead/support implementation of plans for quality improvement, quality assurance and related organisational learning;
- Lead/support systems and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and NHS requirements and best practice including, but not limited to, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), NHS Improvement, NHS England and relevant Clinical Commissioning Groups;
- Support the delivery of the CQC action plan;
- Undertake compliance visits and audits and formally report findings to the appropriate forum, developing and delivering improvement plans as required;
- Promoting collaboration and transfer of best practice within and between Clinical Divisions;
- Lead quality programmes and projects;
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to support quality improvement.
- Work with clinical teams to ensure an open and transparent approach and expertise delivers effective and timely incident investigation, opportunities for service improvement and implementation of associated activity
- Support the implementation, monitoring and review of the Quality & Governance Framework and quality plans in line with trust objectives and priorities ensuring that they reflect changing legislation and regulations.
- Ensure the Quality Strategy, Quality & Governance Framework and Quality plans support continuous improvement and the delivery of high standards of care.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Divisions and corporate services, support the implementation of trust wide work programmes for quality improvement, including quality priorities and metrics and ensure timely delivery and monitoring for effectiveness and impact on standards of patient and service user care and treatment.
- Ensure quality improvement and clinical governance techniques and tools are embedded in trust decision making, planning and performance management processes.
- Provide leadership, specialist advice and support to the Senior Managers and Trust staff in relation to implementing quality improvement initiatives that improves people’s experiences of the Trusts services and leads to better evidence-based outcomes.
- Ensure regulatory requirements in relation to corporate and clinical quality management are met including delivery of the CQC Improvement plan,
- Ensure processes and systems are in place across the organisation to maintain the Trusts CQC registration, including variations to registration which reflect the changing regulated activities and locations of the Trust.
- Ensure appropriate CQC compliance monitoring programmes and processes are in place across Clinical Divisions, corporate services and across the rest of the trust to be able to evidence registration and ensure awareness of and readiness for external inspection and registration validation.
- Review and interpret new national guidance and/or legislation relating to Quality Improvement and identify local implementation for the Trust.
- Support internal assessments of the Trusts NHS services and ensure recommendations from these are acted upon by the Trust.
- Support the Trusts compliance framework relating to the Care Quality Commission, NHSI, Commissioning and other external reviews and accreditation processes including the submission of periodic returns and reports as required.
- Ensure there are systems in place to co-ordinate monitoring and follow-up of recommendations from internal and external audits.
Person Specification – Experience and Skills
- Working knowledge of the application of risk management systems and techniques
- Demonstrable understanding of NHS quality improvement frameworks and requirements
- Demonstrable understanding of the NHS regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Working knowledge of national guidelines and ability to research good practice solutions
- Knowledge of current healthcare policy in the NHS and how this applies to the local health economy.
Have you worked as a Clinical Risk and Quality Improvement Lead at Band 8b Level in the NHS?
Do you have experience and excellent understanding of CQC?
Have you been the Lead in the implementation of plans for quality improvement?
Do you have experience in compliance and audit visits and providing formal reports?
Do you experience match the specifications stated and are you available immediately?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on#########
Posted 19 days ago