Children's Support Worker - Summergil House, Presteigne
Builth Wells, Sir Powys, Wales
Permanent (Full time)
Children's Support Worker Opportunities
37.5 Hours per Week
£8.21 per hour - £9.25 per hour dependant on experience
Summergil House - Presteigne, Powys.
As a Care Support Worker, you'll work closely with the individuals that we support on all aspects of their day to day living, including developing their domestic and social skills, personal care, and encouraging individuality, confidence and self-esteem. Working as part of a great team, this role can be incredibly rewarding for the right person and offers great job satisfaction, with the opportunity to have a huge impact on someone's life.
Orbis Education and Care is an exciting and rapidly growing sector-leading provider of specialist services for children and adults with complex needs associated with autism. Our homes and schools provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment for the individuals we support, within a framework of lifelong learning. Our focus is on supporting individual needs as well as their strengths, interests and aspirations, in order to help them to become as independent and fulfilled as possible.
To be successful in this role, you'll be;
- Passionate about providing quality care.
- Someone who has a strong work ethic and will go the extra mile.
- Honest, with a high level of integrity.
- Empathetic and caring, a passionate advocate for the individuals we support.
- A real team player.
- Creative, with the ability to think outside the box.
- Able to think on your feet, and to tailor your approach to individual needs.
- Inspirational and a positive role model to others.
- Patient and resilient in the face of setbacks.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
You'll also ideally have relevant work or life experience in a similar environment where you can apply your skills in this new role. We welcome applicants who have experience in Elderly care including Dementia care, Mental Health support, Learning Difficulties, Residential and Nursing Care.
In addition, it would also be great if you have:
- An awareness of Positive Behaviour Support ( PBS )
- QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Full UK driving licence
What's in it for you?
We recognise and appreciate all of your hard work, so are committed to offering a wide range of competitive benefits to suit individual needs, which can include:
- A comprehensive learning and development programme to ensure everyone at Orbis has the opportunity to flourish and be the best they can be. This ranges from technical training to soft skills. Our career pathways are clearly mapped out, and we are proud to say that we have numerous examples of inspiring career stories of current employees who have progressed through the business, including up to Board level.
- Active investment in key qualifications to ensure staff can continue to demonstrate and continuously improve their competence in specific areas.
- Competitive salary scales which are bench marked regularly to ensure we are competitive with local market rate, alongside overtime opportunities.
- Competitive annual leave allowance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Regular recognition initiatives, including a competitive recommend a friend scheme, as well as an invitation to our annual awards event!
- We also offer a wide range of additional benefits, dependant on role.
Above all, you can look forward to joining an award winning team who make a real difference to the lives of the individuals we support, and do truly fulfilling work. Orbis Education and Care is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested? Apply online or to have a chat, please feel free to give our Recruitment Team a call.
Posted 20 days ago