£39000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Negotiable DOE
Permanent (Full time)
Morson International are pleased to be working with our Client who has current requirements for Quality Engineers for a Nuclear site in Kent.
- Role Overview
- The Quality Engineer will provide positive leadership on quality matters within the Site Project Teams and promote the adoption of best practice to promote a culture that delivers positive commitment to quality and engages all employees in continuous improvement.
- Your role will include, but will not be restricted to the following:
- * To monitor and report on the effectiveness of the quality management system and to make recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- * To ensure project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements.
- * Accountable to the Project Portfolio Manager, with functional responsibilities to Investment Delivery Quality Lead.
- * Compile a Surveillance Plan to address Quality related risks associated with the project portfolio.
- * Carrying out surveillances to the agreed plan of Project and Contractor Quality Plans, policies & procedures.
- * Reviewing, commenting on and assisting with the markup of Quality Plans, Quality Programmes and Project Definition Documents as part of the IDP process.
- * Assisting Project Managers in carrying out surveillance and inspection visits to manufacturers and subcontractors on or off site as required.
- Acting as team champion for Quality Assurance by...
- * Being first point of contact with Station QA Group.
- * Ensuring the project activities comply with Corporate Quality standards & procedures.
- * Acting as first point of contact for advice on Quality Plans and Quality arrangements.
- * Assisting Project Managers in establishing quality management arrangements at the beginning of a project and maintaining them through the project life cycle.
- * Maintaining awareness of relevant procedures and disseminating information on requirements, changes and updates by establishing and maintaining links with Investment Delivery Quality Lead and the Quality Peer Group.
- * Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Management System.
- * Assisting in maintaining supplier & contractor quality arrangements including monitoring of their plans, method statements and other procedures.
- * Monitoring and supporting change management including technical queries and concessions.
- * Maintaining and logging of surveillance close outs, nonconformities and associated trend analysis.
- * Complete a monthly report on quality performance identifying good practices and any deteriorating trends to the PPM and the ID QA Process Lead.
- * Supporting the PPM with governance checks on the quality aspects of Gate approval submissions under the IDP process.
- * Assisting with document control issues, including project management.
- Person Specification
- * HNC in a Technical Discipline or equivalent.
- * Recognised BS EN ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training completed.
- * Ideally certified as a IRCA Lead Auditor
- * Demonstrated proficiency in auditing and surveillance of client and contractor activities.
- * The candidate should be aware of the Site Licence requirements on quality assurance and arrangements required to ensure compliance.
- * Demonstrate proficiency in Quality Management standards and guidelines including the current versions of BS EN IS0 9001.
- * Working knowledge of the current versions of IAEA.GSR3&2, BS EN ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- * Able to demonstrate proficiency in Quality Management practices, methods and processes.
- * Ideally the candidate will have experience within Projects Quality Management, ideally within the Nuclear Industry or other similar regulated environments.
- For more information regarding these positions please contact the Leiston office on######### .
- Alternatively email your up to date CV to
Posted 9 days ago