Analytical Technologist - Surrey
£23000 - £26000 per annum
Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for an Analytical Technologist with Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) or HPLC knowledge to join a dedicated team of scientists providing an outsourced service to one of the top ten largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. This role is based at the client's research and development site in Surrey which is commutable from London, Oxford, Reading and Guilford and is offered on a full time permanent basis with a salary of £23,000 - £26,000.
As an Analytical Technologist you will use Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) and HPLC-MS (both analytical and preparative) as well as Flash Chromatography using CombiFlash Rf systems to purify research molecules in a high throughput purification service.
You will be required to:
- Review analytical SFC-MS and HPLC-MS (normal and reverse phase) data and select appropriate purification conditions.
- Prepare and purify samples using preparative SFC, HPLC or Flash.
- Combine, evaporate and analyse purified fractions.
- Report results and return fractions to customers in a friendly, professional manner.
A major part of this role will also be supporting Sample and Reagent Management, in which the main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out routine shipments of non-regulated compounds to client's other sites in accordance with the IATA regulations.
- Organising shipments of biological samples/reagents/laboratory equipment (domestic and international), including preparing the necessary paperwork.
- Unpacking of in-coming shipments and delivery to end users on the same day.
- Accurately weighing research compounds and biological standards for assays.
- General day-to-day running of the Chemical Stores (including maintaining open and vented shelving inventories).
- Managing monthly disposals of hazardous waste chemicals and expired reagents.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Hands on experience with SFC or HPLC.
- The ability to perform chromatographic purifications.
- Knowledge of normal and reverse phase chromatography.
- Knowledge of chromatographic techniques and equipment gained in an academic or preferably an industrial environment.
- Hands on experience with Waters LC-MS or SFC systems (advantageous).
- Familiarity with MassLynx software (advantageous).
- A Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry or related subject (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions needed when working with chemicals, COSHH Awareness.
- Great attention to detail.
- Work effectively as a team to provide the service to a high standard in a busy working environment.
As part of the role, you may be required to support other aspects of the analytical service if and when it meets the needs of the team. For example, supporting the troubleshooting of open access LC-MS, GC-MS, NMR and SFC-MS instruments, or supporting specialised purifications by SFC.
The successful candidate will be a full time permanent employee of the CK Group and will be working for CK as part of a very busy, productive team of scientists that CK provide for our client as an outsourced function. As such they must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, dedication and self-motivation together with the desire to acquire new skills.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45576 in all correspondence.
Posted 26 days ago