Assistant Store Manager, Manchester Cathedral Street
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Permanent (Full time)
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Assist Store Manager in management and daily operation of the store, including sales, customer service, operations and administration, communication, marketing and merchandising. Ability to assume the responsibilities of the Store Manager in his/her absence.
The responsibilities of this role are included in 5 areas :
- Meet personal and store sales goals
- Assist in the tracking, monitoring, and communication of business results
- Ensure an elevated level of sales and service is practiced by all associates; lead by example
- Continue to develop personal sales techniques and assist in the development of associates’ sales techniques to maximize sales
- Ensure all sales related policies and procedures are maintained
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise, and develop product knowledge among selling staff
- Maintain a keen interest in the fashion industry and market trends
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service
- Build and maintain repeat clientele by utilizing personal client book and assisting staff with utilizing their client books
- Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Assist sales associates with various customer service issues (. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise).
- Collaborate with store manager in areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, and inventory management
- Support and assist in staff training in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
- Understand and properly execute all management register functions
- Participate in inventories
- Understand and execute cash control procedures including: bank deposits, safe funds, petty cash
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of all merchandising/ visual directives
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
- Assist in the recruitment, training and development of staff
- Assist in ensuring the integrity of payroll and the payroll process
- Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
- Support and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars etc.
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
- Minimum 3 years of experience of retail and luxury in a management role
- Able to work as a charismatic leader, to drive and motivate people and willingness to develop talent
- Excellent personal organizational skills with attention of detail and accuracy
- Able to work under pressure and to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Able to work on different tasks easily – Multi-tasking
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V