Deputy Manager - Nursing @ Bletchley House - MK3 7JS
A great opportunity has arisen in our warm and caring residential home in Bletchley.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Registered Care Manager in order to deliver the Gold Care standard of exceptional care to our residents. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to assist on the floor as and when required.
- Working with the Senior Management team in implementing all departmental policies and procedures including: budgets, Health and Safety, staff supervision, training, recruitment, to mention a few.
- Working with Care Manager in all operational aspects concerning the running of the establishment.
- Assist with the evaluation and monitoring of the service.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of reports and assessments.
- Assess and supervise the assessment of client needs, and ensure that an appropriate level of care is provided through sensitive care practices, designed to preserve individuality and maximise independence.
- Delegate key worker duties to care assistants.
- Liaise with Social service personnel and other outside agencies in relation to current or prospective residents, and to convene and / or participate in case conferences, design care plans and rehabilitative programmes as required.
- Ensure that the social, occupational, recreational, medical, dietary and religious needs of clients are met whether indigenous or ethnic origin.
- Work on a rota basis, and respond to emergency calls when required. Act as chair-person at staff or other meetings when required.
- Acting as a motivator and mentor promoting team-working for both care staff and co-worker senior staff.
- Act as an ambassador for the Home in all dealings with visitors and the general public, who call at the home for whatever reason by displaying impeccable professional behaviour and leading by example.
- Supervise, support and act as a point of reference for the staff on duty, acting as a motivator and mentor promoting team-working for both care staff and co-worker senior staff.
- Complete records where required to a satisfactory standard. Ensuring the changeover and Keyworker documentation are fully completed within the timeframes agreed.
- Demonstrable experience in a care home or similar environment, ideally in a senior position.
- Must be a Registered Nurse
- Must be able to demonstrate successful experience of providing exceptional care.
- Experience in using patient care monitoring and tracking computer packages.
- Experience in managing complex relationships, sometimes simultaneously.
- An understanding of the regulations and requirements needed to maintain an excellent care home.
- NVQ Level 4 (desirable)
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience
- Fast track training to become a member of Senior Management
Posted 22 days ago