Teaching Assistant - Durham
Durham, County Durham, England
£280 - 400 per week
Permanent (Full time)
Learning Support Assistant (KS3 - KS4) Required in Durham!
Are you a recent graduate considering a career within education? Or are you an experienced support assistant looking for a new role?
Teaching Personnel are currently working alongside one of our partner schools in Durham who are looking to appoint a Learning Assistant as part of their team of support staff from January 2020. This is a great opportunity for graduates looking to experience a role within a secondary school, especially those that have a view of becoming a teacher in the future.
- Full time Learning Support Assistant required from January 2020
- Fixed term contract for the duration of the academic year
- Ofsted 'Good' graded secondary school located in Durham
- Fantastic opportunities for graduates wanting more classroom experience before starting a Teacher Training programme
- Opportunity to earn up to GBP1200 per month
As a Learning Support Assistant at our partner school, the successful candidate will:
- Supervise and support pupils to undertake agreed learning activities / programmes linked to local and national curriculum and learning
- Adjusting activities according to pupil responses and needs, including for those with special educational needs.
- Promote positive pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflicts in line with school behaviour policies
- Assist the teacher with the preparation of teaching and learning materials and resources
- Provide detailed feedback to teachers on pupils' achievement, progress, problems etc. as requested
This school is a larger than average 11-16 mixed comprehensive (1000 on roll), serving a diverse catchment area in Durham. The school have made dramatic progress in recent years following a re-structuring of the senior leadership team.
In a recent Ofsted inspection pupil behaviour was judged as 'Good' whereby pupils engage well within lessons and are keen to learn.
If you would like to apply for this post as a Teaching Assistant, please apply by sending through your CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 17 days ago